cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

In honor of Miss Nan

candu2
0 8 37

For a little something different today:  About 30 years ago, I worked with a lady who was then in her early 50s who was a heavy smoker - we all worried about her.  She didn't look healthy even then.  Nobody enjoyed her smoke and her drink like Miss Nan. 

So I left that job for a different field, lost touch with most of my coworkers from those days.  I sadly assumed that Miss Nan was long gone, a casualty of her addiction. 

Imagine my surprise when I ran into her in a restaurant a few weeks ago - well into her 80s, still kicking and still fiesty.  I complimented her on how well she looks - actually looks better than she did in her 50s - and she explained that, after so many years, and many winters battling pneumonia, she finally quit smoking.  She looks and sounds happy, says she feels so much better than she did for years, and laughs when she says she wishes she could smoke a cig a mile long.

So the moral of this tale is:  never too late!  I was so happy to run into Miss Nan and see her doing so well at this stage of her life.

50 days, 34 min, me!

8 Comments
liana6

very true it's never too  late  we can do it just put are mind too it and stay not smoking your doing great keep it up 

doxiemama

Awwww, that's great, thank you for sharing. I quit in 10 days, and that gives me lots of hope.

Junior7

Awesome story!  Thanks for sharing!  Congrats on 50 days!

djmurray

As a person who quit at the age of 65, that gives me some hope!

Deena-A-Yenni

Enjoyed reading your blog.  Kudos to Miss Nan and you for that matter.  Fifty days is a milestone in my book.  Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more blogs in your honor.

elvan

I think that's wonderful, you go Miss Nan!

CONGRATULATIONS on YOUR 50 days!

Thomas3.20.2010

What an inspiring EXperience! It's never too late to quit smoking and Live Addiction FREE! We have many great years ahead of us!

Strudel

Here's to Miss Nan - and to you! Congrats!