cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

In Honor of Skygirl One Year Smokefree today! Love you BFF! xo

joyeuxencore
0 49 171

My dear freind Nancy aka Skygirl wrote this blog and on her one year anniversary of being smokefree I am re-posting it for the plethora of new folks we have!

This woman's strength of character and beautiful spirit not to mention incredible sense of humor has brightened my life in ways that I LOVE...We flew to Vegas & shared a hotel suite for days at the first annual EX get together...Congratulations friend...You are amazing! xo

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/SkyGirl-blog/2013/03/07/skygirl-broken-record

1) Smoking a cigarette does NOT calm you down, ease your stress, make you happier or more able to cope. All that smoking a cigarette does is increase the level of nicotine in your body, which holds off the effects of withdrawal that started when you finished your last cigarette.

2) You do not enjoy smoking. What you are enjoying is NOT feeling a low level of nicotine in your body.

3) Educating yourself about nicotine addiction gives you a HUGE advantage in successfully quitting.

4) The way you THINK about quitting is absolutely KEY.

It is important that you banish the concepts of "trying", "attempting", "hoping it works", "wish me good luck".

It is important that you read enough about quitting until your thinking does a complete 180 degree turn from "giving up something", "sacrificing something I love", "doing without", "getting through this" into "FREEDOM".

Freedom from what? From a life that is ruled by an addiction, freedom to enjoy better health, freedom from guilt and shame, freedom from worrying when and where you can have your next cigarette, freedom from the panic when you realize you are out of cigarettes, freedom from smelling like an ashtray, freedom from hiding and making excuses.

And don't forget to think about all the free time you will gain, the money you will save, and the self-esteem that will rocket upwards when you quit.

So get that thinking flipped around so you are ready to quit successfully!

5) You CAN quit. Your addiction is no stronger and no harder to beat than anyone else's. If we can quit, then you can quit. We can ALL quit.

6) Yes, the first few days of quitting are not very pleasant. In fact, they suck. Completely suck.

But if you prepare in advance for how to handle those first days, you will make the whole process go a lot easier for yourself.

Listen to the advice of those who have already achieved what you came here to achieve.

Then FOLLOW that advice. Don't just read it in the blogs and think, "hmm, yeah, that sounds good".

You must actually do the things that have been PROVEN to help make you a successful quitter.

7) Be HAPPY. This is one of the best decisions you will ever make for yourself. Be excited to do this. And be VERY, VERY proud of yourself. We are. And we will be here to help you all the way...

xxxooo,

Sky

49 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Hoooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME to the 6% Club!

lindan_7-14-10

Congratulations, Nancy♥

Brenda_M

Yay for my dear friend, Nancy!!! You are the BEST! I miss seeing you around here.

phyllis-12-7-15

What a wonderful tribute Joy.

CONGRATULATIONS SKY

debr

Sky, A Super Congrats To You!!!

kitty31

congradulations on a year of quit smoking thats awesome. Take care.

ShawnP

edsel1964

Congrats on one year of freedom that is AWESOME!!!!

ShawnP

Buddy12

Wonderfully informative post! Thank you......this will help all of us, i think.

Nyima_1.6.13

Huge congratulations Sky! I am so glad you are here!

Giulia

I know what it feel like.  And it's SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!  Thrilled for you.

Giulia

Uh, make that feels.

Patty-cake

Hey Nancy,

Congrats!!!!! One year of Freedom. Welcome to the 6% club. I hope you are as proud of yourself as we all are.

🙂

Stac2

Sky, huge CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO proud of you and so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cannot wait to hear what you did to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Thank you for being such an inspiration to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss and love you bunches,

Stac

YoungAtHeart

YoungAtHeart

P.S.

In Memory

of

Lives Given

in

Support

of

Skygirl's Quit

Magstoyou

Congratulation on your 1 year Sky, 

WOW!!!!

nanawendy

Air-Rangement® - Congratulations Mylar Balloons

Magstoyou

The Blog is really inspiring!!!

AutumnWoman

An excellent guidepost for newbies!  Thanks for reposting!

nikki77

Congratulations!!!! You inspire me:)

joyeuxencore

JonesCarpeDiem

Great Feet!

I Mean Great Feat!

Congratultions and

Thanks for all you bring to this place

Strudel

CONGRATS to SkyGirl!! Great blog - thanks for reporting itTeddy! (And thanks for letting us honor Nancy on this blog! I am heading over to her page to leave her a message there also!! Happy anniversary! 

Jordan-11-1-12

Jordan-11-1-12

Can't believe its been a year!!!   So proud of you, my friend!!!!!!   Love you!!!!

Check this lemon out.... must be for those monster craves!!!!!!

Jordan-11-1-12

freeneasy

joyeuxencore

Hahahahaa! Jordan! She has definintely been the 'bite the lemon' crave killing queen!!! xo

joyeuxencore

jojo_2-24-11

OH NANCY! I hope you are celebrating hard for this milestone! ONE YEAR! WOOHOO! Nice Job! You are doing this! I am so very proud of you, and I hope you are equally if not more proud of yourself. I love your lemon story and how it worked so very well to bust that crave. No body could do that as good as you. I hope you are enjoying yourself today and doing it up! Talk to you soon. Love ya Jo Ann

Michwoman

Hey there Sky lady!!!  How cool is ONE YEAR???!!! You are awesome and such a blessing to all of us. HAPPY ONE YEAR "BIRTHDAY" AND THANK YOU!!

candylance

Congrats, Sky!!I'm a gonna make it dis time!!!!

Love ya, Candy

froguelady

CONGRATULATIONS on one year of Freedom.  CELEBRATE!!!

Danno_11-10-12

So proud of you Sky Girl! You did what 94% of quitters fail to do. This is THE accomplishment to aspire to and you did it! Be proud and celebrate!  Congratulations friend!!!

misty_dawn

Oh, wow!  1 year!  You have truly rocked this quit, Sky!

I am so blessed and grateful to have met you in Vegas! ❤️ 

Thank you so much for everything you do and welcome to the 6% club!

kjvenegas

Awesome tribute, congrats Skygirl...I hope I am celebrating just like you one day!!!

stonecipher

Congratulations to the best cheerleader a stop-smoking website ever had!!!

You inspire us, you entertain us, you encourage us, and you love us.

I hope you are enjoying a fantastic day to celebrate this milestone.  I never doubted you were absolutely done smoking forever, but still, we can't let the occasion go by without giving you a big shout-out.

God bless you, Skygirl!

Brian100

One year of freedom for our very own Sky Girl, an inspiration to us all!  Big love to my friend: funny, smart, beautiful and determined. 

It's been a bad year to be a lemon.

yurtle

Congrats!  I choose FREEDOM too.

Chris265

Congratulations Sky!  And wasn’t there a scooter on a patio somewhere?  You have been an inspiration as well as quite amusing.

erma2

Congratulations Skygirl.  So proud of you. You are an inspiration to me.I hope that I make it to the 6% club. So proud of you.  xoxo  Erma

joyeuxencore

I guess you can see how valued and loved you are around here...and everywhere you go! You really are such a 'light' and beautiful soul Nancy...I am so honored and proud to be your friend! xo

msgardengirl320

That is an amazing accomplishment! How proud you must be. I have been there once before & am working on reaching it again; this time for good. Hope you celebrated big time.

Rick_M

Congrats to you Nancy for a whole year of freedom.....

MistyNoMore

That helps, Skygirl! And Joy, thank you for sharing!

savedbygrace2

Congrats beautiful friend!!!!!!

kloud9

enjoyed the post/repost..............did not know skygirl but want to congratulate her any way !!    "Congradulations SkyGirl __ Hope you make it to 50 yrs Smoke Free"

i bookmarked the post cause i'll be needin to read it again and again 

Thanx to Skygirl and joyeuxencore