cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

In Death

tjanddj
6 45 284

Today is the one year anniversary of my husband's death. I'm sharing a picture I painted in memory of his death titled "In Death". It represents the deep sadness of his death and the love and friendship we shared together for many years.

He suffered and died from a smoking related disease. I hope you make the right choice today and not wait until it is to late. Save a Life - Let it be Yours

Trudy

In Death.jpg

45 Comments
gregp136

Thank you for sharing that emotional picture.  I am sorry for your loss.

elvan

tjanddj‌ This is absolutely beautiful, it is incredibly touching.  I am so sorry that this is such a sad anniversary.  I am so in awe of your strength and NOW, the way you are expressing yourself so beautifully.

Puff-TM-Draggin

I see a lot of symbolism in this painting.  I don't know if you intended it or not, but I see it.  (In high school we had to dissect the great works of famous authors.  I used to wonder how much of my analysis was intended by the author and how much was just my own creativity superimposed on theirs.  Maybe to them it was just supposed to be a story.)

You tell me.  Intentional?

tjanddj

Thank you.

tjanddj

Thank you Ellen.

tjanddj

Yes Puff there is intentional symbolism in both the color and shape. There is a unintentional symbolism that I saw after I had the picture framed and sitting on the table. It showed up in an intentional symbolism, that symbolism now has a double meaning to it.

Giulia

So many layers of emotion in that flower.  May your sharing of this save a life.  Peace to you today, Trudy.

YoungAtHeart

Sending you hugs and strength on this anniversary.

You should be so proud of how you have traveled this sad journey.

That painting is a wonderful tribute to both your loss and your love.

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

Hugs to you Trudy.

Florflor

I embrace you Trudy and share your sorrows, hopes Thank you! Nice DAY.

Mike.n.Atlanta

A sad memory Trudy. We've all lost so many to this addiction yet we're unable to stop it & others are unwilling.

Thinking today of your husband & others gone before.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

freeneasy

Trudy, May your sadness fade in time and thoughts of friendship and happiness and feeling of love prevail.

MarilynH

I see your heart and soul in this beautiful painting Trudy, sending you a huge loving hug. ♡

JustSharon

Trudy my friend, Your painting is a beautiful tribute and one you should be very proud of. It must be very difficult a day such as this. You are a very strong woman whom I admire. It's good for you to express your feelings. Love, hugs and prayers for you!

Barbara145

Hi Trudy.  The one year anniversary is powerful for most of us who have lost a loved one. The good news that for many of us joy returns. Not that grieving ever ends it just becomes less frequent.  Enjoy your day.

Mandolinrain

Aww Trudy, this must be a very difficult day for you. Please know we all hold you in our thoughts and prayers. I am glad your using your Art to express yourself. It is a wonderful outlet for all of our emotions.

Christine13

((((Trudy)))  I'm so very sorry for the loss of your husband.  You expressed yourself beautifully in this painting.

Sending healing prayers on this sad day and gentle hugs.

Thomas3.20.2010

Your painting instantly brought tears to my eyes, Trudy!

It's sometimes good to cry!

dfranke716

Many prayers and I'm so very sorry.  

JACKIE1-25-15

Breath takingly beautiful.  You have awakened a beautiful gift.  Keep on Keepin on it. tjanddj‌ What are the dimensions of the portrait?

bonniebee

Very beautiful Trudy and a lovely way to express your emotions ! I have lost many people in my family to cancer and  now I worry about my two sons who are smokers and my two sisters who are both younger then me but much more sickly . Nothing I can do about it except pray and be an example . My youngest sister said to me just today ," You may be burying both of us ",  meaning both of my sisters .I truly hope not I am the oldest and please Lord let me go first !!!

Keep going with your  artistic talent Trudy !

tjanddj

Yes that flower does. Thank you Giulia.

tjanddj

Thank you Nancy. When I quit smoking I had to come to terms and let my feelings be felt. I had no cigarettes no food to go running to anymore. Many times I had to pull back and just have my "quiet" time. I used my quiet time praying, researching, watching and listening to others and learned to listen to my inner self, my heart. When I began to listen to my heart and not my head a lot of doors begin to open for me. Despite all the tears on this journey I will keep going forward because I know in my heart I have things to do. I am not done yet - my heart is still beating.

tjanddj

Thank you Dale.

tjanddj

Thank you. I did have a nice day with my son. It was in the doctors office but I was with my son and that was all that mattered it made for a good day.

tjanddj

Thank you Mike. Yes way to many lives have been lost.

tjanddj

Thank you Jim.

tjanddj

Thank you Marily. Hugs to you!

tjanddj

Thank you Sharon. My love to you.

tjanddj

Thank you Barbara.

tjanddj

I am glad that I listen to my heart and just painted despite what my head said. It has been an wonderful outlet.

tjanddj

Thank you Christine. Always know that my prayers are with you and your husband.

tjanddj

Sometimes crying is all you need to do. Did you see the tears in the portrait? There in there.

tjanddj

Thank you so much.

tjanddj

Thank you Jackie. It is 5x7.

tjanddj

Thank you Bonnie. I lost a brother to jaw and lung cancer. He was a smoker. I am going to start praying for your sisters too!

Giulia

5X7.  Inches???  I thought that thing was HUGE!  2 by 3 feet at least.  If felt so huge in my mind.  You mean it's a large post card size?  And you created all that emotion in such a small container?  Wow.  Isn't it interesting - perceptions.  Just like with quitting and craving perceptions.  I thought that was huge.  In reality I could put it in my desk drawer.  

Bree19

I'm with Giulia on this one Trudy.

I honestly saw it hanging by itself on a wall in my house.  

I'm always awed by any artistic talent that stirs something in me.

Now my jaw just dropped!

Bree 

tjanddj

9x12 is the largest paintings I have done. It won't be long before I adventure out to the larger sizes. I am looking forward to it. Thank you so much for your encouragement!

tjanddj

Thank you Bree for the encouraging words!

jbliesmer

This is beautiful Trudy.

tjanddj

Thank you Jaime.

Lady86

It's beautiful. And my condolences to you 

plug66

such a beautiful expressive painting, I am so sorry for you loss and your pain.....you are an amazing person....you will be in my prayers ALWAYS   

tjanddj

plug66‌ Thank you.

About the Author
I am a Nutritarian. My smoking quit date 2/12/2015. Quit smoking is my newest chapter in my healthy lifestyle journey. My healthy lifestyle journey begain 2/12/2014. I have enjoyed this journey, it is full of wonderful benefits! I am looking forward to all the wonderful benefits from becoming a non smoker. I am 60 and retired. I have a daughter and a son. I have one grandson and 2 granddaughters.   In Memory of my husband 4/26/1957 - 5/17/2016 SAVE A LIFE - LET IT BE YOURS My son Matthew. Will never to be forgotten. Will be loved always and His light will shine in my heart forever. 10/16/1985 - 3/24/2018