cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Im sick of this nicoderm patch falling off!

kristi4
0 9 18
The insert says you can swim. No you cant. And you cant go outside if its really hot either. 7patches,yea lasts 5days! This one fell off and im not putting it back on,im sick of wasting them. The insert also says they try to make them cost as much as a weeks worth of cigarettes. Yea stupid freakin right. If that was the case,they'd lower the price to make up for the ones that fall off! Im buying wal-mart brand this time!!....aggravated! Im on my 5th day anyway, i can go my extra 5hours till the scheduled change patch time! UGH!
9 Comments
dewey
The patch worked for me to not smoke.. but only when i put in on my mouth! hah) the gum sorta worked, but I smoked with it too. just keep in the process okay?
chrystal
Get some surgical tape.....$1.88 at Walmart.....I was having that problem too with them falling off...but if you use the surgical tape it stays on even swimming and sweating profusely!!!
the_carpenter
5 days???nicotene is out of your system.....you dont need the patch...go to www.whyquit.com to learn
sorry if that sounded snooty not ment to be
hope this helps....it got me through 145 days....lol JIM

The one that will just get you over the hump…
The one that will convince you that you were right to quit…
The one that will show you that you are not really an addict any more…
The one that you should have had before you quit but didn’t…

Well watch out for that one smoke… because cigarettes travel in packs…You know d*mn well that you cannot smoke just one cigarette… So why do you torment yourself with the thought? It is pointless.

And now you are going through the mother of all cravings… and you wish you could just smoke… Ha! Isn’t smoking exactly what brought you to your sorry condition? Quitting for good is the only solution. How on earth would smoking help? It is pointless.

And guess what? You already quit... so there is no going back. Sure you can smoke again, but you will never enjoy smoking the way you used to... If you light up, there will be nothing but guilt, and disappointment, and disgust, and a sense of borrowed time... So why even bother lighting one up? It is pointless.

You know all of this…and yet you won’t let go of the thought, even though doing so would make your quit so much easier…

Why? And what exactly is so bad about never smoking again?
jada
I used surgical tape just like Chrystal and it worked really well! Hope that works!
tabs
latex-free band-aids are easier to work with, though I imagine surgical tape is probably cheaper.
cindywilson
I had the problem with them also when I first started, then my doctor told me just let them go, you can do it and I did, but that was my choice, the Wal-Mart brand actually works better at staying on, though I did try to time changes after a shower....
Brenda_M
If you put it on your backside, I guess anytime you sit it gets reinforced. Um...yeah...so I've heard anyway... 😉
kristi4
Thanks everyone!! And thanks Brenda M, lmao, that is quite a good idea...
Christine13
I've been having that problem too. LOL, I like Brenda's idea too!