cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Im getting fired from my job tomorrow, haven't smoked

tireduvsmoke
0 5 8

I'm 99.999% sure I'm getting fired from my job tomorrow. I haven't smoked, although I did get a pretty strong craving for one earlier. I've been smoke free since Oct 22nd, 2012.

It's really for the best as I have been at this job for 4 1/2 years, I have no potential for advancement, all they do is treat me like a red-headed step child.

I'm sure I can find another job, though it may not be easy. I also wonder if they will try to deny me unemployment benefits. I have a feeling they will. The supervision and HR have no morals or integrity at all.

The thing is Ive never been fired from a job before. Ive quit several but never fired. I am a very dedicated person who always gives 100% to performing my job the best I can.

It has been very difficult doing this the last several years, I get no recognition for it whatsoever, and even get chastised by one of the assistant mgrs. This is because I can outwork this asst mgr. in my sleep and she knows it.

I even just recently figured out a problem they have had for the last year which people who are paid 6x my salary could not figure out, I saved them thousands of dollars. I did not even get a "Thank You". It really sucked. Instead I was ridiculed by my supervisor and HR today, caught them in a lie, called them out on it, and was told not to return until they "investigated", and they would get back with me.

I found out from a friend of mine who works there too that they are trying to get people to go on record to say "anything" negative about me.

I realize this site is for quitting smoking not for complaining about you personal life, but I did get a very strong craving today, a stronger one then I can recall having. It passed as I knew it would.

I guess part of me just can't understand why after 4 1/2 years of overproducing with 100% quality a company would be so condescending and have such a lack of integrity.

I guess at 46 years old I'm still naive and believe that deep down people have values/morals.

It's quite evident some of them have none, so hopefully I will find a new job where management has at least a little.

I will not smoke, they aren't worth it. Nothing is worth it. God bless you all.

5 Comments