cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Ice Cream is My New Best Friend

richele
0 10 23

I eat a bowl of ice cream everyday.  I know you shouldn't replace cigarettes with food. Especially if you are dieting and exercising.  Well the past couple of weeks, I haven't had time to exercise with work being as busy as it's been. I've been working a lot of hours.  But I still want to loose weight for health and my own reasons.

I'll get all this stuff done.  It will just take time.  I will concore quitting smoking and I will loose weight.  I smoked for 27 years.  So I'm not going to just get over it.  It's going to take time.   And I didn't put weight on over night, so it's not going to come off over night.

So, I'm realizing after 40 if you want something you have to work for it.  Weight and quitting smoking doesn't come as easy as when you were younger.  But I never was a quitter.  So I'm going to keep trying until I accomplish my goal.  

10 Comments
smorgy8513

Richele, I'm eating more too.   Part for the oral gratification I'm sure but food also tastes better!      What I think my new addiction has become is Facebook and Ipad games!    AND there are a few others from here out there too!   (you all know who you are!)    I think that my priority now is to quit smoking.   As time goes I will quit picking and playing!    Stay strong in your quit!

ShawnP

Concentrate first on your quit and the dieting you can incorporate into your new lifestyle later. You're right, after 40 you have to work for it but you will find out, the principles you are learning on Ex with you quit can be applied to dieting too. 

sharon110

I did the same.  I did not limit myself if I wanted something extra. I did the ice cream too... I figured I would consentrate only on my quit...

All in good time.

freeneasy

Good for you! I'm getting my share too! I SCREAM YOU SCREAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!

Michwoman

Richele you have the right attitude - keep going you're doing great!

dixiequit8-7-13

I have already picked up a few pounds. I can't care too much about that now. I have managed to go for a bowl of pop corn every night. No nutritional value but plenty of fiber!

Nyima_1.6.13

Sounds like my method!?! Ben & Jerry were my new best friends every evening but I maintained my old exercise routine! Obviously that didn't work!?! I gained 30 pounds in 5 months! Ugh! I have lost 8 in the past two months by adding more exercise and only having frozen yogurt on Saturdays!

joyeuxencore

Beter to have a few extra pounds and be ALIVE to worry about it later! One step at a time! xo

joyeuxencore

richele

Well at least I know it's not just me!!!