cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I would want to go hide.... but not anymore Day 45

dawn37
0 6 26

Now sometimes I do it on purpose…sometimes it just happens…sometimes I just can’t stop…but EVERYTIME NOW….I don’t sound disgusting!!

I love to cough!

I used to try & cover it up with a bunch of napkins or paper towels. Maybe no one will hear the gross phlegm as I choke myself to death. It doesn’t really matter why I am coughing maybe my coffee went down wrong or I have a cold…no matter what…everyone thinks it was because I was smoking. Most of the time, it was because I was smoking... I don't cough hardly at all anymore. But it is such a nice sound when I do! I know...I am nuts, but I don't care! 🐵

Be happy people & Stay Strong….you can do it!

6 Comments
edith2

Isn't it great?  Also not having that raspy breathing!  Or feeling my heart pounding right after I've had a cigarette!  Being a non-smoker is awesome and the benefits keep on coming!

cathi4

Amen!!! PTL! We Rock!

junipergavalis

You aren't nuts!  I know the feeling - as a smoker, when you cough - you get the snide looks and an under the breath "smokers cough" comment  from someone around you.  I is a great feeling to not have to hide it!  Congratulations on 45 days - that's fantastic!!

travelingman.rick

My hacking cough has nearly gone away Dawn, it feels great to go into my office and not be hacking away anymore. 🙂

suzyq4

Only an exsmoker could appreciate a "good" cough. Glad to see you're still  hanging in there and breathing the good life.

molzep

I remember once I was in the grocery store and my 20 something daughter came around the corner and said "I didn't know you were here, but then I heard you cough..."

My children could identify my in a crowd by my cough!

So glad I'm done!