cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I will be smoking this morning

JonesCarpeDiem
0 25 110

They will be burning pre cancerous cells from inside my esophagus.

This is the second of three procedures.

Don't worry, I will be under so I won't enjoy it. LOL

Keep me in your thoughts. (and no smoking, unless it's your BarBQue!)

🙂

25 Comments
Courage

Dale, you and Nancy really need to stop having so much friggin fun.... 

You're in my thoughts....  

smorgy8513

Prayers for you Dale.      Thanks for letting us know so that we can offer up our prayers.     Check in when you can.

Love!

Roxie-1-16-2014

Saying extra prayers that everything goes well!

linda.mustafa

You sir are going to be fine, love and prayers  coming your way and a big hug 🙂

Hope everything goes smoothly 🙂

Junior7

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

LouiseR

Prayers heading your way Dale.  Keep us posted!

JRC

You'll be in my thoughts and sending up prayers.

deb-k

Dear Dale,  Best of luck to you. Sounds like a lot of ice cream is in the future :)))) Deb k

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Go get um Sparky!!!!

Jackie

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Magstoyou

Dale Prayers and Hugs coming your way!!

Mag342d

elvan

You are going to have so many thoughts and prayers coming your way that you are going to breeze through this thing.  PLEASE let us know how you are when you can. (((HUGS)))

Linda239

Dale, I hope everything goes well for you.  I am sure it will.  You will be in my thoughts.

annb
Thinking of you with prayer Dale. Yes I agree with Courage. You and Nancy certainly are earning your vacation!
Giulia

Hope all goes according to plan.  Thoughts on you, prayers for you, hug to you.

lindan_7-14-10

Love, Light, and gentle hugs for you, jonesie♥ GOD always hears my pleas. XOXO♥♥

phyllis-12-7-15

Best wishes and HUGS headed your way.

phyllis-12-7-15

Best wishes and HUGS headed your way.

rosemarymom

Hope all goes well, Dale.  You are in my thoughts also.  Looking forward to hearing from you that all is well!

freeneasy

Thoughts and prayers -hope you are home later feeling good.

edsel1964

Saying a prayer and hoping you are okay!!!

moody_9-18-13

Prayers and hugs,

Moody

Sick-of-it

Prayers for you.  

Jenn_06-03-14

Prayers being sent your way!  I hope everything turns out ok! 

sparky26

​ love and healing sent to you Dale.

froguelady

You will be okay, and that is an order from me to you.  Luv ya.

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.