cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I want to quit and need help.

adico1e
0 6 76

Hi. I'm 26 and want to quit smoking. I want to quit because my husband and I have decided to start a family, I'm not pregnant yet but I want to quit before that happens. I've tried quitting once before and lasted for 5 weeks, that was over a year ago. This time I really want it to stick and I'm going to need HELP. My husband is supportive but sometimes overbearing about it which just makes me want to smoke, so I'm reaching out to all of you to be my support system.

6 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

"lasted for 5 weeks"

if you can do it for 5 weeks you can do it for life.

you need to go for 4 months.

can you do it?

I THINK YOU CAN

bella65

i think you can do it to im 7months smoke free and happy to be that way.

Strudel

Congratulations on your decision to quit! You've quit before - so you know how to do this. With the support here - and doing some additional preparation - you will be fine! We all have different methods. For me - I loved getting educated at www.quitsmokingonline.com and reading Allen Carr's book. Plus there is www.whyquit.com. Stick around and keep reading.....

carrie31

I also have tried to quit several times, now I'm 9 days smoke free, and finally feeling better.  My reason for quitting is the same as yours, my husband and I are ready to start a family.  Anytime I feel weak, I remind myself that if I am pregnant and smoke the baby is exposed to all of those poisons and could do damage.  This has gotten me through all of the cravings and withdrawals.  Good luck quitting, you can do it!!!!!!!

adico1e

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I'm going to need all the help and advise you can give.

Carrie - I added you as a friend since we are doing this for the same reasons maybe we can help each other through it and remind each other of the wonderful gifts we will both get for quitting.

Good Luck everyone.

kate55

for me 1 day,, was not bed.. keep my self busy!!!keep praying!!