cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I want to quit..I need a buddy! Coming back to try again.

chelseaa27
0 6 104

I have to say that before I met my husband, I had been free of cigarettes for 3 months..I had quit cold turkey and was doing just fine..no thinking about it, nothing..Just didn't want one...Then I met his friend, he found out that I was an ex smoker and persuaded me back. That was 2 1/2 years ago..I'm 21 and started smoking camel wides when I was 16...that's five years minus the three months that I have smoked almost a pack a day

I've been thinking about quitting for about a year now..I get tired of smoking, but I get bored and before I know it, my hands have pulled a cigarette out of the pack, put it in my mouth and have lit it before I have had time to think about it.

When I am working, or very busy, or around my in-laws I don't smoke, I don't think about it, but as soon as I am offered to go outside for a break..it's over..I want to go out all the time. During a full work day, I might smoke three in the morning before I leave, one on the drive, one at lunch and then one on my way home...It's when I get home that's the problem...we smoke in the house..so it's anytime I want one..I take it.

I'm ready...I want to quit, my husband is not ready, so really I have to quit cold turkey because we can't afford both..I can't ask him to quit with me...we'd kill each other.

We've been married and I have been out of college a little over a month, his dad just had surgery to remove the cancer that he has battled for three months..I couldn't handle it until now..I want to quit!! Help me friends..

6 Comments