Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I've been posting discussions because I didn't know

JonesCarpeDiem
1 10 167

where to start a blog.

Why

Because when I clicked on conversations to write something I had the choice of ask a question or start a discussion.

The pencil icon top right of the page has blog in the dropdown menu..

YAY-YEAH

Tags (1)
10 Comments
Sootie

Dale----Also, you can go to the HOME page and there are some blue blocks.....one of them is marked BLOG and will take you to where you can blog. Not sure why there are so many places to do the same thing here........that's what I find confusing.

MarilynH

I agree that does make it confusing, one place for it is good enough at least it is for me... @sootie

MarilynH

Yay Dale, I'm happy you got it Dale but I thought you knew already......

Silverstar

Posting in conversations or discussions or questions gets a lot more people to see what you've written, though.... 

Strudel

This is the thing I have been trying to figure out for reading purposes too. I am pulling up all content and then looking through all of the various types of posts for that day. Not sure if that is the best way.....but, it is the only way I know right now to be sure to see all the various formats. 

JonesCarpeDiem

Well, maybe that's where we should set up camp.

Silverstar

I know, I'm debating....  Still writing blogs, and I might be the only one reading them!  It's all good....

Strudel

I'm reading them! 

Silverstar

I know, and thank you soooooo much!  I feel so needy, but love to be read!  I would give you a badge, but that seems to be a no-no in certain circles....

TerrieQuit

When ya get it figured out let me know, and I'll show up there! lol!          ~Terrie~

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.