cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I suck!

carolyn6
0 10 82
I almost made it 2 weeks tonight but I smoked :o( I decided that I was way too stressed out so I bought a 6 pack (maybe another horrible habit of mine. was sober the entire 13 1/2 days too) and that brought on a huge desire to smoke. Once I had a beer or two in me lighting up sounded like the next natural step so I went and got a pack. I smoked about 5 cigs (really 1/2 of each cause they were kinda gross, even drunk) Then I got mad at myself and dumped the beer and broke the smokes. Ok, so getting back on the horse as of tonight. Anyone been here before? Do the physical withdrawls hit like hell again tomorrow? I cannot believe I gave into this crap again. SOOOO very mad at myself :*(
10 Comments
carolyn6
Thanks for the input. Either way I am recommiting myself to kicking this nasty addiction. If I have to go through all of that again,I will. I cannot bear the thought of my kids seeing me light up a cigarette ever again. THANK GOD they were not here to see it tonight. I'm sure I'll be here bright and early bugging you all for advice and support. I refuse to let this demon get me again!
John-C.
Carolyn, I hope the next round is going better- any major withdrawals? You know you've gotta kick the cigarettes in the teeth-- here's to keeping a positive attitude and finding productive ways to overcome the stresses in our life. Michael's story is very poignant. It really touched me. Thanks, Michael! Best wishes on this attempt, carolyn- hope you are doing well. Hope everyone's life can improve as a result of ridding ourselves of this drug! TTFN
carolyn6
Hey, I'm doing well today. I don't feel any of the physical symptoms I felt when I first quit. I also don't have the desire to smoke at all. I think it was the alcohol that made me want to smoke. I will be avoiding drinking for now also! Thanks for all the support from everyone that posted or emailed me. It's great to have people who know what this is like on my side 🐵
john-pugh
See what happens when I miss a day?
Well, I've been on this site for four monhts, and you are not the 1st one to relaspe.
Think about what you said about your kids, and you can do it. I think the desire you
have to quit will overpower what cravings you have. Just do not beat yourself up and DO NOT SMOKE!
I'll be around this afternoon to check on you.
john-pugh
this is good news
I will be on later today.stay strong!
Giulia
Alcohol will destroy a quit every time. Keep that lesson in the forefront of your mind. (Mind if I take your post and copy it to Relapse Traps?)
talulattdh
Sometimes that's what it takes to make you really *know* you don't want to smoke again. Now you know how horrible it is to go back. Stick with it, take your time with re-introducing alcohol, and blog here or talk to someone before you light up, even if you're drunk. 😉 Support is here to keep you honest. Hang in there!
sheryl2
Hey Carolyn. How are you doing after your slip up? Don't go beating yourself for having a relapse......what is important is that you got back on track. Keep up the good work...........I know you can do it.
carolyn6
Sorry was away from the computer for the week. I'm doing great! Smoke free...yay!!! I'll try to blog tomorrow. Hope everyone had a wonderful, smoke-free thanksgiving!!!
Tommy2
Just keep starting again and again, it will happen, be persistent ... I 've done what you've done so I understand, but don't give up! Good Luck!