cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I stopped today...and, it's a really hard day...but, I feel okay.

freedomfromthis
0 6 55

Today is the day...that I stop smoking and go to just the gum. I feel okay so far, but someone close to a family member passed away suddenly from a heart attack and it's been pretty awful to try and sort out. He was 23 years old. He was not a smoker, but it gave me more resolve for the reasons for quitting, while at the same time with all that is going on, all the other smokers who are around me, and all of the stress, it has made it harder. Nonetheless, I am pretty clear that smoking is not a reward, and this is not a sacrifice...and, smoking will not make this better. I do not want to change my day in terms of never smoking again, after today, because of this...because there is never going to really be a day or time that is "good" for me.
Thank you for keeping in contact. I am very, very busy all of the time, but it has helped a lot to know that this site is here, and that it is a long term thing where I can be involved. Hope everyone is having a great day...and, doing okay with their quit. Em

6 Comments