cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I passed the test! :)

muddjammer88
0 5 22

Day 5 of my journey to reality!  Had to go into town today to drop off my laptop, seems the laptop and I have the same problem.  It's addicted to virus's and I (was) addicted to nicotine. 

Jumped into my Toyota this morning, and the smell that was sitting in there was raunchy. Complaining to my husband bout that, he just laughed at me! So my computer doctor tells me it's got a lot of virus's as he's lighting up a cigarette. Then his girlfriend lights up one along with him.  Gotta tell ya, the smell of the cigarette's made my tummy roll.  Got all queezy.  So I was there at the computer doctor for about an hour and couldn't take it anymore, told him call me when it's done cause I had to go to Wallie-world to pick up yarn to start a new hobby.  The minute I walked out, I took this great big huge breath of frozen air.  Best air I smelled in the past hour. 

Reality is, it's probably the best air I've smelled in a long time!  Since I quit smoking I can do things without gasping for air, I can breath better, deeper than I have, I don't smell like an ash tray and in the morning all I have is morning breath without the taste of a cigarette behind or in front of it.  Been told that food will taste differently, too.  But I haven't experienced that one yet and if I have I haven't noticed it.

So I gotta clean up my Toyota tomorrow to get that nasty smell out. You honestly don't realize how smell destroys your things till you yourself becomes a non-smoker.  Husband told me to mention what happened today to everyone who reads this, maybe I can encourage someone out there that YES after 5 days of not smoking you can be tested and you can pass that test.  I just keep thinking of all the deadly chemicals that our lovely government puts in them cancer sticks. 

Last night, all night I dreamt I was smoking.  I haven't slept to well these past couple of nights.  I just hope that the sleep gets better as I go.  After I wake up, I feel like going right back to sleep.  Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

Thank you for listening!

Jannette

5 Comments