cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I never would've thunk BUT here I am!

MarilynH
6 13 246

After 40 years of slavery to the damned Cancer Sticks with at least a half dozen failed attempts at trying to quit, emphasis on TRYING otherwise one of those  attempts would've stuck! I never in a million years thought I'd ever quit UNTIL finding out that I have copd THAT was enough for me to wise up! No one actually thought I'd succeed NOT even my grown children! I remember telling a so called friend that I had 2 weeks in! He smiled at me AND said oh you'll be smoking nEXt time I see you! Well I certainly proved him wrong AND everyone else that thought I'd fail NOT THAT I blame anyone! BUT this time I was successful because I was willing determined and totally committed to succeed PLUS I knew from everything I read here that I could AND would perservere through whatever came my way I also was prepared for any unforseen cravings and moodswings and lack of sleep that would most likely come my way I knew it wasn't going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination at times BUT with deep breaths AND as long as I kept moving forward that It was going to get easier and easier with time under my belt! If you're struggling stay close AND reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can you've got this!

Vigilance is Key to Freedom! 

The CHOICE is Ours! Here I am living my Forever Quit!

3,000 Glorious DOF! 😁

1f3fd3df13b9d88d3a5683a88d5ed26b.jpg

2290d6ad8043f3d5367a2341054e2591.jpg

Screenshot_20220917-085443.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-161646.jpg

20220919_081545.jpg

13 Comments
About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....