cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I need to take my clock down........I am so sorry

ali2
0 20 217

I actualy smoked today. I am in shock at myself and in so much pain over what I did. I cannot believe I allowed other things to get to me to a point where I would throw my quit away. What an idiot I am! I cannot even say what I am thinking or feeling about myself right now but it is nothing good at all. I had 24 days and was so proud of myself. Disappointment does not even come close! I am so ashamed and cannot believe I did this. I threw the dam things out after I did it because I could see how crazy it was. I realy do not know what to say. I am so friggen upset and sad. Sorry I let you all down.

20 Comments
shytowngrrrl

This is your quit, Ali.  Be gentle with yourself, okay? I know how awful it feels to slip.  I just did it myself last weekend.  Try to learn from this mistake...why did you smoke again? What can you do differently next time?  You are already back on track...you threw the cigs out!  As Joe told me, just get back on track and look forward.  Stay strong, my friend.  Hugs and love, Samantha xoxoxo

nosmokegirl

I did the same thing Ali.  Just be sure you set a new quit date and keep on going.  It really seems like you understand more when you have to start over again.   You can do it.  I am on day 5 of my second time around.  I feel like a pro now.  I know what to expect this time and i know I have handled it better.  That was a hell of a try just get up and try again.  The Plan does mention that it may take five or six trys.  Just don't give up.  All this is a learing process . You will be smarter this time. Hugs rachele

mitch5100

You can get though this...forgive yourself and move on,as for revenge smoking I work as a nurse in a critical care unit that specializes in lungs disease-we do what we do to ourselves and if we continue we suffer alone no one else can breath for us and the end is horrific.It is never to late to change what you do to help others>I spent 20 years working in the tobacco industry,I will spend the rest of my life tring to make it right!!!Hang in there you are not alone today is a new day and right now you are SMOKE FREE sister!!!

Bonnie11.3.2009

You were out of your mind for a bit, now you are back.  Move forward, stay the course,  you are capable of getting what you so desperately want.  Just keep moving forward.  We're with you.

daisy6

Remember this feeling. Start again. What you are feelling now will keep you from silpping with your new quit. This is proof that
"just

daisy6

dang, hit the wrong button.

Just one will not make you feel better. Just one will make you feel like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back up Ali. You know you can do this. You've done it.

jay23

Hey Ali, let's look at this in a positive light.  If you hadn't quit 24 days ago think about how many of those things you would have smoked.  As things stand, you have smoked one cigarette in 24 days.  You slipped and that's o.k.  You threw the damn things away which means you're not throwing your quit away.  Reassess your situation,  raise your head and storm forward!  You can do this!  Stay Strong!!! 

maureen15

Ali, you had a slip, you made a mistake and you learned just how important your quit is to you, you threw them away and got right back to quitting.  You should be proud of what you did, you just quit again.  I'm proud of you and I am so happy that you came and shared this with all of us.  WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER AND TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!!!!  Without even realizing it you just taught us that it's ok to have a slip, it's what you do after the slip that counts and you are fighting for your quit, you are strong, you're not feeling sorry for yourself and smoking up a storm.  You just quit again and that is AWESOME!

Please take a moment to consider that it was one of us that had a slip....what would Ali say to one of her non smoking buddies?  I think she'd be very nice, supportive and encouraging.  I think she'd tell us that we made a mistake and we learned from it.  Please be as kind to yourself right now as you would be to one of us.  You deserve to be smoke free and you are fighting so hard for it and...YOU ARE DOING IT!  You are a non smoker and today just reaffirmed the fact that you don't want to smoke and you wont smoke...Good for you!!!!!  Keep strong and keep quitting.  and please be kind to yourself, you are so GREAT, you deserve to be treated well and to be smoke free....

Thomas3.20.2010

I agree with everything that has just been said except I don't suggest that you TRY,  this time you ARE going to do it!!!!!!!!!!  One thing that WILL NOT HELP is negativity!  Destroy that shame forever!  It's just a way of giving someone - no names please! - exactly what she's been training you to give her - your entire life!  Those days are over! Take back your POWER!  It's yours for the taking! YOU CAN DO THIS!  Soon, that self-confidence that you were experiencing will be back in spades because you understand exactly the family dynamics of your mistake! Best Wishes! Be STRONG! Choose Health and Life and SELF! YOU DESERVE LOVE AND RESPECT!

joe57

Ali - gee, not one nasty comment above.  Just shows you how many people care about you.  You will always be in our hearts as we all battle this addiction.  Yes, it is cunning, baffling, and powerful.  If it weren't, quitting would be the easiest thing in the world to do.  Keep your chin up.

maggie16

Ali:

Just think what you have done over the past 24 days.  No one, even yourself, can take that away from you.  You should be proud of yourself.  Okay, you had a smoke.  Life goes on.  There's nothing we can do about the past but we can change the future.  We all know how stupid that is.  We've all known that for a long time and continued to smoke.  I've been smoke free for three months and I still miss it at times even knowing how bad it is for me.  It's been a part of my life that I miss, crazy as that is.  Now, this second is another chance.  Start the quit again.  Don't fall into the trap that I screwed up so who cares.  Just start again.  You've done your body a great service for the days that you didn't smoke.    You're better today than when you started.  Two steps forward and sometimes a step back.  It's okay just keep going.

ali2

Thank you all for being so real and so nice. I have no intentions of smoking again. I am feeling really awful due to my day, things going on here and blowing my quit. So I need time to regroup. But I do not need to smoke. I was not thinking straight today and I am just glad I learned that I do not want that lifestyle anymore.

lucky5

YOU ARE NOT ALONE WE ALL HAVE BE THERE<

jeannie2

I dont know how many times you have stopped and started, but never give up on quitting. Always at least try again but look at it as forever, not just 2 weeks or 3 but a lifetime...............make it for real.............I could never smoke one now and i mean never....................it would never be for me again............game so over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tdonnelly

Dust yourself off Ali, get up and move forward.

Sootie

Ali--Everyone above is correct BUT ESPECIALLY Maureen. I was reading old blogs last night and you are all over the comments section of those who slipped---giving encouragment, saying don't feel guilty, just start again. Allow yourself the same compassion and understanding you've extended to all of us. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. We are here for you.

pir8fan

Let's take some time and be disappointed--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OK! Enough of that and lets get back to the business of kicking the crap out of the nicodemon!! We are still with you!! so let get to it!!! Tommy

kathys

Ali, You are not alone. We have all relapsed. I quit 4 times in the past year. I am on day 86 now. So quiting the quit is not an option for us. This is an addiction and we have to realize that we are not perfect and we slip. I know that you can do this. You already have decided to get back to your quit. We will be here for you . You are going to be just fine.

dawn4

Disappointment and shame????  howz that working for you???  THIS QUIT IS ABOUT YOU, not everybody else.  So, decide to quit and do it, or don't.  but this beating yourself up nonsense is futile. 

YOU CHOOSE.

dawn4

It's NOT about the "CLOCK!!"