cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm still quit!

sophia-22
0 9 78

Hello everyone it's been quite awhile since I posted but I have been reading posts almost everyday. Thanks to all that celebrated my one year anniversary smoke free! Unfortunately last month my husband of 20 years  died of a heart attack and I am devastated.I lost my best friend and a wonderful man and I miss him very much. I did not smoke though. What good would that do me? NONE. 

9 Comments
YoungAtHeart

My very deepest sympathy on the loss of your husband and best friend.  My heart is hurting for you.

BUT - I am SO proud of you for not smoking.  WOW is all I can say!

I hope that your loving memories of your time together each day will help to lessen the pain you are feeling.

Nancy

DemonaXL

that is fantastic, Sophia!  I am so sorry for your loss, but I bet your husband is looking down and smiling and saying "that's my girl!"

joyeuxencore

Oh my goodness my friend I don't know where to begin??!!

I am SO very sorry for the loss of your husband and best friend...I hope you have people around you to hold you up right now! How wonderful to be free of smoking for an entire year. How great that he got to watch you do that for yourself! 

I see you have a beautiful grey cat as your avatar...Good to have a fur baby for comfort.

My heart goes out to you and I am so glad you came here for support...xo

sophia-22

Thank you Nancy I am still in shock, each morinng I wake up and think it was just a nightmare but it wasn't.

sophia-22

Thank you so much. 

JACKIE1-25-15

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband.  I do understand.   I pray that you heal from your grief and are able to move on but you  will always miss him and wish he was there.  Congratulations on not smoking.  You are correct, it would not have helped. 

MarilynH

I am so sorry for your loss huge hug from me to you and congrats on keeping your precious quit in tact you are an awesome lady, friend and Fellow Exer....

Mandolinrain

Big cyber hug to you for the loss of your husband. I can’t even fathom what your went through and still go through. I’m so sorry. 

I elated to hear you remained a non smoker and congrats on a year in! I hope you stay active here now. It’s a wonderful circle of friends I have made that remind me why I never want to go back to smoking and encourage me in all areas of my life. 

Hugs, 

Missy

elvan

I am so sorry for your loss.  I am so proud of you for staying quit and for knowing that it would change nothing if you smoked.  

My heart aches for you, I do hope that you are able to stay close to the site and to feel the love and prayers coming your way.  Grief is so hard and there is no time limit, we all grieve in our own ways and our own time.  Let yourself grieve and let yourself remember this man you loved so much who was your best friend.  Take care of yourself as you know he would want you to.

Sending love and hugs and prayers,

Ellen