cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm still here

cpsono
0 17 24

I am grieving and missing my mother very much.  I just am not motivated to do much of anything.  I have very little energy and I feel like my heart is breaking.  But I haven't smoked.  Smoking doesn't make any thing better.  CP  491 days

17 Comments
jonilou

The loss of a beloved parent is very difficult. Grief takes time and it is different for each of us. Broken heartedness is an excuse for many to smoke. I'm so glad to hear that you know smoking doesn't help and will certainly hurt you. I'm praying for peace and comfort for you at this solemn time.

JACKIE1-25-15

It is okay to feel what you are feeling.  It is part of the grieving process.  We have to learn to focus on the good memories.  There will be times that you know for sure, she is still with you.  My condolensces. 

Jennifer-Quit

My Mother passed away a little over nine years ago.  I still miss her.  Especially during the holidays.  I try to do a little something that I know she would enjoy - such as cooking one of her favorite recipes or putting flowers on her grave - to honor her.  Occasionally my sister and I will get together and look at old pictures and reminisce.  We sometimes will laugh and sometimes cry - but we always feel better afterwards.  Give it time - it is hard to lose your Mother.

crazymama_Lori

It took me over a year when I lost my mother and that was 20 some years ago.  She died from lymphoma at 72.  This was the first year ever that I decided to plant a tree in her honor.  You'll always miss her, but have comfort in knowing she will always be with you.

tjanddj

Enjoy her memory and let the tears flow. Miss her and grieve and let the tears flow. A hug for you. A prayer for you.

Cngratulations on your 491 days of being smoke free!

JonesCarpeDiem

Hugs. I lost mine in 1999. Time heals. Memories remain.

bonniebee

I lost my Mom to cancer in 1992 she was just 60 years old and looked younger then that . It was very hard she was nort 'ready" and would not accept it but also would not quit smoking even after many health warnings .Quitting is so hard ( but not as hard as she thought it would be)  but I wish she had done it.

I got a puppy a few months after she died and the cute little girl really helped me through the initial grieving period . I named her Chantilly after Mom's favorite perfume.

So sorry about your Mom God bless her soul  and May she RIP.

freeneasy

Sorry for your loss. I think about mine every day and she passed away 7 years ago.  Congrats on your quit 500 is a big milestone.

Daniela2016

I am sorry for your loss, and it is hard without them.  Dad passed away a little over 2 years and we were not very close, but I miss his presence none the less.  I am wearing his wedding band and feel him close everytime I play with it.

Congratulations on almost 500 days, that is wonderful!

plug66

so sorry for your loss, when i lost my mom, it took me a long long time before i could think of her and have a smile on my face, but it did happen....hugs

Storm.3.1.14

In 9 days, come back here and let us celebrate you. Even in your time of mourning, there will be a time for joy. Let us be here for that, okay?

elvan

My heart broke when I lost my mother too, it took a long time to feel even a little better and then I felt guilty because I did feel a little better.  You are going to get through this, sweet lady, I wish we could take the pain away but only time can do that and PLEASE celebrate her life and your memories of her.  I did not know that but I know, as a mother, that is what I would want MY kids to do.

Hugs.

MarilynH

I am very happy to see you CP but I am so sorry for your loss and the pain that you are feeling, I lost my Mom in 2012, I was with her when she passed and it's still hard sometimes but as Dale says we will always have the memories. (((((Huge hug)))))

Barbara145

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother.  I dislike grief so much.  I avoided it at all costs throughout my life.  If only that worked, it doesn't.  The only way out is through. There will come a day that every time you think of her you will smile.  Losing our parents is a journey of our lives.  I would love to take your pain away.  Thinking of you with love and prayers.

HealthyOrange

Sweet hugs, CP.  I'm so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing.  Please know that you are wrapped in all of our love.  

shashort

So sorry to hear the loss of your Mother's passing.  Sending you prayers of comfort. Congratulations on almost 500 wonderful big days of freedom.

prague

I lost my mom in 2001. She always wanted me to have a child. I did in 1998. I've told my daughter over the years that her grandma is with her. It's true every time.