cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm on VACATION

djmurray
0 14 19

Yippee!!  I am now officially on vacation -- taking tomorrow to relax, get ready for the trip and savor being on vacation.  Who would have figured that by stumbling upon this wonderful site I would be taking a vacation that I'm so looking forward to!

I told a friend at work about driving down with Sky and Ellen et al. and she asked if I had met any of you yet.  I said no, and that was part of the fun of this whole thing.  She said (she really did) "well how do you know one of them isn't a serial killer?"  I laughed and said "are you kidding -- this is the Old Lady Caravan"  Nonetheless, she made me promise to text her over the weekend to confirm that I'm still alive.

Saw the pulmonologist today and he's very pleased about my healthy eating and exercise.  I've been having a problem with my voice being very scratchy lately, and he thinks it's a side effect of the Advair I'm taking, so we cut it back and added another medicine for nighttime.  I hope that works.

I think I'm going to stay up late tonight just because I can!  (because I'M ON VACATION!)  And yes, I am a 66 year old grandma of three, but I feel like a kid who's been let out of school for the summer!  And in this rather giggly mindset I doubt I'll have anything worthwhile to say in this blog other than I love you all and I wish you the sweetest of dreams!

14 Comments
bonniebee

Hahahaha I really had to laugh about your friend it really sounded like something  one of my sisters would say !

You are so blessed Donna ! Have a great time in Nashville!!!

ShawnP

Mine starts tomorrow night. haha i am still laughing at the "old lady caravan" comment. I can just picture you all driving down the highway!! The Golden Girls take Nashville 🙂 although you all are still young!

GreenThumb3

Enjoy your vacation 

Storm.3.1.14

Just don't pull a "Thelma & Louise" up in the mountains, you ladies, and everything will be peachy.

JACKIE1-25-15

Have fun enjoy.

Andit is called "Bacation" lol

Eric_L.

i'm a cereal killer.  js

dlv

Enjoy 🙂

janet97

Hope you enjoy yourself!!!

smorgy8513

Donna, when I was going on the last reunion to Orlando, many people questioned how I could go down and spend that time with people I had never "met".

I guess unless folks have met our family at EX....and felt the connection and love....they will never "get it".

You all have a safe and FUN trip.     Wish I was there!

Sharon

MarilynH

Time to kick back with your feet up and relax and enjoy your vacation because Nashville here you come..........

Magstoyou

Have a great time all three of you, relax, enjoy!!!

Mag

Ms.J_11-10-2013

HMMMM well unless Nan beats you to death with her walker or El cripples you with her oxygen bottle I don't think you have to worry about anything.  Sky will be piloting the granny van so she won't have the time to hurt anyone.  And besides you promised you would bubble wrap Nan and El to keep them safe.  Have a fun, SAFE trip.

xo

Ms J

LouiseR

Enjoy.  Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!!

annb
Hey Donna, FYI one of my friends also gets a very scratchy voice from her asthma meds! Bet that's it! Have a wonderful time on Vaca/Nashville trip. That is going to be such a fun ride. Sure wish I could go snuggled in with you guys! Have a 'rita or two for me!!! :)))