cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm leaving "No Man's Land" (NML) Behind Me!!

Snowdoggie
4 10 217

Hi Everyone, tomorrow I will be at 140 days into my quit journey. I left No Man's Land 9 days ago. I felt a little lost. I knew what to watch out for in No Man's Land, I had read about it and even been warned.

But what happens to my quit after I pass the 130 days? What do I tell myself when I can no longer say 'I'm working toward 130 days to be out of No Man's Land.'

I was exploring Best of Ex last night and found a post called "Post NML transition" in it I learned that what happens next is called the "Forever Quit." This phase of the quitting journey involves Long Term Quit Maintenance to avoid relapse. I will have to remind myself that I can't have "just one." And I can not forget that I did not enjoy smoking that I kept doing it to avoid the pain of withdrawl. It wasn't enjoyable, it didn't taste good, and it wasn't relaxing. Those are lies of addiction.

I've committed to stop smoking. But need to commit to never smoke again. I need to commit to a Forever Quit to be Forever Free. And that is my commitment, Forever.

10 Comments