cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm back from tennis, and I have a very BIG lollipop in my mouth.....

cheyenne7
0 18 47

I don't know what to say, except it didn't go exactly as planned......Talked on the way there about work, I know that is not much fun for the other person to hear.....we get to the court, and within one swing of the racquet, I hear....."we might as well go back to nicotine with work being such that you can't keep your studies".....

I was stunned.....I was equally stunned by the way it made me instantly feel.....I would have thought that would be the perfect out......green light flashing, right?

I really was speechless at first, it truly shocked me.....then I said, "what does one have to do with the other, why would I say, well if I can't have that.....I should die from smoking?".....

He explained his words, we had some words.....ugh....now I went from being proud of protecting my quit to feeling uncertain about its future : ((  Truly a man/woman from different planets scenario....lol....just couldn't see what each other was seeing, or trying to say......sometimes you just have to except these moments......we be fine-----we always are.....

The quit has to be fine too-----I don't want to get into all of that struggling like I had with my last long quit-----I need to avoid that....

He said he feels better about his quit today than yesterday.....so I'm confused and realizing that my quit stepped into the danger zone, and I will fight tooth and nail to bring it back on track......

Not buying, no way.....but my quit doesn't feel its best right now.....I guess this is ok??

18 Comments
YoungAtHeart

No!  No!  No!  You cannot win an argument with yourself - so don't have it!  You are the only person who can talk yourself into smoking.

You made the decision - now HONOR it!  No second guessing.  You will not smoke NO MATTER WHAT!

And - most importantly,  you will have to answer to ME if you don't blog and ask for help before you light up!

XOXOXOXO

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

I am not an expert by any means--I only have 94 days in.  But I am an expert at giving up quits - lol - too many to count.  You will go thru some times when you are doubtful and unsure -- that is when reading about the addiction or reading about success stories or as a last resort, reading horrow stories of people who died young because of smoking.  I also know that people will try to sabotage your quit--don't listen to it--this is your quit and I believe that you can do this -- if you get your head in the right place and keep it there.

Jennifer-Quit

PS- the lollipop is OK at long as it isn't on fire!  lol

gr8_start

We all have moments. They are just moments. Protect your quit. Please don't talk yourself into smoking again. Hang in there!!

gayvenda

Fromwhat I gather, you are hanging in there!  I had a couple of moments this weekend and I just said NO!  NOT today!  Your lollipop was a good idea!  I may get me some.  Keep on keeping on.....

JonesCarpeDiem

I think it was smidiot talk.

cookie804

hang in there , protect your quit like it is worth a million dollars. We all have urges but it is what you do with those urges is the important thing. please please do not light up. We are here for you and will help you.

promise_judy

He just wanted to pick a fight. Dumb yes, but it happens. I guess he was romancing the chew LOL

XOXO

swilson2

he was blowing off steam, sometimes its just too much and you have too vent anything can set it off, let it run off your back and go on you have meet a trigger head on and survived, good job!!

cheyenne7

Feeling better.....emotions were raw when I was typing.....I'm trying to be better at "spilling my guts" per se during this quit.....

Usually, in my last quits, by the time I'd say anything, my mind was already made-up to smoke & nobody could stop me....

I don't see any "right" or "wrong" --- just two people dealing with throwing away nicotine while life is throwing some challenges ---- we survived it without nicotine ---- so, it's a growth moment in our quit....

Thanks for being here.....

GreenThumb3

All that matters is you don't smoke in time it will get so much better just keep stacking them and try to think truthfully smoking is horrible does not taste good does not make you feel good is not good for you when I had craves I always thought do I want to put poison in my lungs and would say to myself F---smoking it had more power for  me than nope 🙂 

heather133
Stay strong Cheyenne ! You know what it feels like if you pick up a ciggerate. For me each time I quit and started back up I felt so awful and upset at myself. You are stronger than you think you are! Heather
summer-07-06-15

Glad you did find a way to procte your quit. Turn INTO I got thru this and won. Be proud tennis pro LOL.

Your Blessings

moody_9-18-13

Do what you promised yourself. The decision to quit is worth nothing without the commitment to honor your promise to YOURSELF.  I know, cause I have had to say these words outloud to MYSELF dozens of times these last few months....but, I know smoking would be a terrible step backwards for me because I rally love the freedom. Once you taste the freedom, you know there is a much better wy of life.

Hugs and lots of love, 

Moody

moody_9-18-13

Wish I could type on this dagnabbit iPad....time to pull out the steady old laptop!

harry18

Cheyenne how you doing? it's Harry, you really want to go down that path again? I doubt it so all you have to do is remember that you are a non-smoker, what is the past can stay in the past especially smoking it's not cool or glamorous anymore and besides we know it was all a lie we fell for, hey we are older (not old,  just older) and wiser so KEEP THEM AWAY FROM YOUR FACE.

Just so you know look at all the support and love you have here we love you just the way you are smoke free. Have a great day Cheyenne

Harry@107DOF

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Oh my Cheyenne~ its your quit not his~ its your body that is ingesting all the chemicals from smoking~ As they say your body is your temple, take care of it!

xoxxo

Jackie

sparky26

Suck it up ! (Lollipop joke) LoL.       You  got this .