cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm Still Here!!

dunwitit-dave
0 6 8

Hard to believe that it's been 9 days since I last checked in!  My quit day is still 2 days away on Friday.  I'm sooo looking forward to it!   When I joined BecomeanEX, I did so because I wanted to quit smoking. I did the excersizes, tracked cigarette's, figured out my triggers, earned some badges, met some friends, joined some groups, etc.......  And then I read the book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. WOW!!  It really opened my eyes to what smoking really is. I learned about Nicotine, I learned about withdrawls, I learned about addiction, and I learned that I'm a drug addict! A Nicotine Junkie!!  It helped me realize that I'm not giving anything up!  Because if you "give something up",  there had to be value in it in the first place! I'm simply not going to smoke after Thursday night.  I'm actually looking forward to that first and subsequent "pang" of .......what's the word I'm looking for??  I'm looking forward to that uncomfortable empty feeling you get when you ridding your body of Nicotine.  You know the one. The one that makes you lie to yourself, One puff, One won't hurt, I'll quit tomorrow, I'm rewarding myself, yada, yada, yada!  Someone posted recently, "You're a puff away from a pack a day".  There's so much truth to that!!  Here's another thing I learned......In my lifetime, I spent in the ballpark of $62,000 on Marlboro Lights!!  Ouch!  How many better things could I have done with that!  Anyway, I'm back! Like it or not you'll be seeing my blogs more often than every 9 days! 

Dunwitit Out!!   

6 Comments
lisa11209

Hi Dave, you sound great!  Keep reading and blogging and celebrating your imminent freedom from nicotine.  There were many times along the way that I read randomly from Allen Carr's book to help keep on track with a positive attitude.  We are all here to help.  Keep believing that you can do this!  Regards, Lisa

SarahP

Hi Dave!  Love love love your attitude!  You have no idea how important that is!  You're going to do great, and I can't wait to read more of your blogs! 

annie36

Hi Dave! I am on day on myself because I relasped and I am here for you! You can do this and I will be cheering you on!!!

dunwitit-dave

Annie, Have you read the book?  It'll open your eyes to alot of things, and give you a whole new outlook on what's "really" happening.  No more relapses!  K?  🙂

Ex_Nancy

Hi Dave...you sound great...I just love it when new members read because they have positive attitudes that turn into positive quits!!!    Here's another one for you,lol...

The free course at: http://quitsmokingonline.com

Strudel

Keep this great attitude and you will do this!