cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm Back

richele
0 10 131

I've tried several time to quit smoking.  Well July 14th was it!!!  I quit!!!!  I quit cold turkey.  I think this is it.  I haven't had any craving that were so bad I had to have a cigarette.  I feel better, and food taste a lot better.  I've been dieting and exercising.  I'm seeing a dietitian.  He's really impressed with my progress.  This seems like the longest I ever gone!!  There is no turning back now.  

10 Comments
kaka5

Happy for you Richele.. I too am trying to make a comeback.. Had stayed quit for over four months until i gave in .. have been smoking for the last three months now..But NOW, NO MORE!  

Hope to keep my quit ticker ticking ..forever !

ladybug49

you are making good strides you can and will be free. 

Thomas3.20.2010
Do your homework, Richele, and watch out for complacency! You can make this work! Great Job on your first three weeks +!
Michwoman

Welcome back to the land of the "want to continue" living!!!  Great job on 3 weeks!

kathy_ryz

Great job! Pledge every day to just say N.O.P.E.!

Chuck-2-20-2011

It's womderful to get to that first month. As Thomas said, stay aware of that addict within. It can be a sneaky one, but if you keep your guard up, it'll be pretty hard for it to mess with you!!

CONGRATULATIONS on a working quit!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Nyima_1.6.13

Nice to meet you and congrats on three weeks!

Joan_01-02-2015

I certainly hope you believe in yourself enough to keep this quit.  It is so not worth the merry-go-round of emotional and physical withdrawals to do it over and over again - been there, done that, and I don't understand going back.  Use the tools you have gained.  A dear friend of our families was killed in a tragic accident while working (he was a lineman - 28 years old) last week.  It took one small slip, and his life was gone......................I don't want to slip, I don't want to fall - keep telling yourself that!

Strudel

No turning back - perfect! Congrats and great to see you back! 

richele

That's for all your encoragement.  It 's been easier than I thought, but still a little hard.  I've made some friends from church that don't smoke.   Which makes things easier.  Because I'm not around people that smoke.   But at work they do.  I just stay inside and laugh at them because they look like a trian all following each other out there to smoke.