cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I'm Back...for good.

dodge315
0 10 25

It's really great to see new members and old friends.  Unfortunately, after over a year quit (in January), my mother died unexpectedly.  I'm not about excuses, but I started smoking again.  It took almost 4 months for me to decide to quit again.  With mother's day just around the corner, I tried to think of a way to celebrate her life...the first thing that came to mind was taking better care of my life.  I have smoked my last cigarette. Looking forward to reconnecting and meeting everyone else who is kicking butts! 

10 Comments
summer-07-06-15

Glad to see you back to try again. Fall off the horse dust yourself off and get back up again. Good luck. N. O. P. E.

JonesCarpeDiem

sorry about your moms passing.

smoking is a choice as is not smoking

Sootie

Dodge--Welcome back....sincerest sympathy on one of the biggest losses a person can experience. As a Mom myself, I can tell you your Mom would be so proud that you are taking care of yourself in her honor. A parent ALWAYS cares more for their child than for themselves. I am sure your Mom does see what you are doing now and always. STAY STRONG.

jack14

Welcome back! I am glad you are here. So sorry to hear about your mom. Its tough to loose a parent. You know the drill, you need to come here as much as you can we are all here to help you.

2012_is_for_me

I'm so sorry about your Mom.  I can't begin to imagine what you're slogging through.  If it helps at all, I lost my dad a year ago and I've been awakened by my quit to my true feelings of grief.  Maybe that will make sense to you?  It just feels better going through my grief without the harm I was inflicinting upon myself with smoking.  My grief is raw and it's the way it should be.  I'm glad to hear that you know you need to reconnect with your own health.  So many people here can help you as you probably already well know.  Good luck and we stand beside you. 

pir8fan

Welcome home!! I left the porch light on every night! I am indeed, really sorry for the loss of your mother. There is nothing I can say, or do, that will make that better! What I can and will do, is be here for you, and stand beside you as you travel the path to Freedom! In the end what we all want for or children is Freedom, and a chance to EXcel! You can have both and your Mother will be smiling down on her little girl! Big Hug 4 U!!(((((((U))))))) 

Dakota_Posse

THE SHERIFF IS BACK!!!  Hey Dodge......sooooo sorry for the loss of your Mom.  I can't think of a better way to honor her on Mother's Day then for you to get back in the saddle and join up with the Dakota Posse again!!!   I have truly missed you!!!

Welcome Home:)!!!!

I still have you on speed dial girl so if you need anything, you know how to reach me!   Say, have you been practicing your shooting????

Love ya - Cindy

Madyzsgocka

Welcome back hun, and I am so sorry for your loss. We are here for you. {{{{{{{{{{{{DODGE}}}}}}}}}}} ♥

Strudel

Dodge - I am so very sorry about the passing of your mom. That is such a huge loss and life change. What a beautiful idea to honor your mother by recommitting to your quit! We all know you can do this - because we all remember what a tough cookie you are!! Welcome back!! Stay close - we are here and we are so glad to welcome you back!! Let's do this! 

Kathy

Patty70

Welcome Dodge.  I have missed you.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother.