cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I lied

madison_ziesmer
1 7 207

I lied about smoking weed and none of the story I posted a week ago was true. I do believe that I am addicted to nicotine but I'm not addicted to weed. I have smoked weed in the past but it was last summer. I'm so sorry for posting false stories just because I wanted the attention and I wanted you to feel bad for me.  I wanted you to feel bad for me because I want to be broken and I want there to be stuff wrong with me, and I want to be like my birthparents (my birth mom is a drug addict and my birth dad is an alcoholic). 

Again, I'm really sorry. You guys don't deserve the way I treated you. I manipulated you. 

7 Comments
MarilynH

Thank you for coming back to tell us that you lied about the marijuana but if you're addicted to nicotine then please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's definitely not easy but as long as you're  willing determined and totally committed to succeed then you will successful @madison_ziesmer, so when you feel you're ready to start your quit journey pick a quit date and when your day ONE arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for Day WON! You've got this believe it! 

Barbara145

I suggest ACOA  (Adult Children of Alcoholics)  They use to have weekly meetings.  I was so helped by it.  When I started going I thought I was crazy. I wasn't.  Both of my parents were Alcoholics.  There are books on the subject also.  Take care of yourself.

YoungAtHeart

I hope you feel better to have come clean!

NOW - let us help you beat your very real addiction to nicotine.  Do start with some reading, tracking your use, figuring out how to change up your routines, gathering tools to help you get past any cravings in the early, tough days.

We are still here for you!

Nancy 

Barbscloud

@madison_ziesmer As I had written previously, I was only concerned your addiction to nicotine.  So lets work on quitting that.  Read what we've suggested and get started on your journey.  

It says much about your character  that you felt the need to be honest and apologize.   Just remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to support.

Barb

biscuit9

@madison_ziesmer   The important thing is that you are honest with yourself.  Lies and addictions can go hand in hand, but you have to be honest with yourself or you will never improve.  I make it a point to be honest on this site, because it benefits ME.  All the best to you 💖.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@madison_ziesmer It takes courage to admit when you've done something you feel is wrong so kudos to you for being honest. And @Barbscloud put it perfectly, we're not here to judge, we're here to support, since you do have an addiction to nicotine. So please keep us posted on your quit journey, we're all here for you and rooting for you!

- Danielle, EX Team

ReallyReal

@madison_ziesmer Wishing you the best on your quit journey.  As others have said, it is not my place to stand in judgment of you.  I am here because I know what it is like to be addicted to nicotine and I want to offer encouragement to let you know you can quit and move forward in freedom.  There is a lot of good information on this site to help you prepare for and carry out your quit.  And we are here to support you along the way.  Research shows that if a person has a plan for quitting and a strong support network, he/she is more likely to be successful in quitting.  So, read all you can and prepare and post when you want for support, to vent, to ask questions, to celebrate milestones.  Each of us knows nicotine addiction is no easy thing to overcome but we are doing it one day at a time and you can too.