cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I just tossed my pack!!!

artist4
0 10 33

I am reinvigorated by all that you have said .

I will try to wait it out 3 days but will be near my computer................

I've got to hand it to you all......

now I have to get rid of my headache.

GO TEAM EX!!!!!!

10 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Drink plenty of water to flush the toxins out of your body; but you do have to be patient as you get through withdrawal.  This may be a bit uncomfortable - but not nearly as uncomfortable as carrying an oxygen tank around 24/7!

Hang in there!  This isn't easy - but it IS doable!

Nancy

annb
The first 3 days may be uncomfortable but not intolerable especially since you know what it is! Headache is very common. I also had Foggy head and fatigue (more than usual - lol). I slept a lot. :-). You can do it. No worse than a head cold really. The symptoms were a reminder to me that quitting smoking really was doing something productive and my body was starting the healing process!!!
johio

You have a great sense of commitment toward your quit...you inspire me

elvan

The water is a HUGE help. The discomfort will pass and with each hour, you will get stronger and start to see yourself as you are supposed to be, smoke free!

Strudel

You will survive! I promise!! 

linda258

I remember how this goes....now keep throwing.. ash trays, lighters, matches... everything that has to do with smoking.  Get serious and tell yourself that you will never, ever smoke again.

YOU CAN DO THIS!  

jeannie2
Best 3 days of your life to set freedom! So it begins
Giulia

I'm just watching at this point.  And hoping.  There is no more advice you need at this juncture.  It's available for you to continue to read or you've already gotten it from the posts on your previous blogs.  Just don't play with your quit.  It's all or nothing.  Recognize that an Excuse is simply a need cloaked in a lie.  Throw out the "I can'ts" and replace them with the "I will's." 

liana5

Good job.  Stay connected to this site. Blog a lot get the support. It helps I am on the end of day 5'  it's hard but doable.  Carrots, celery, sugar free hard candy and suckers for hand to mouth motion.  Walks if you can and water and juice.  It will all make sense when you start using them.  Talk to you soon.

artist4

I have been away a long time and during that time I had blood cancer which is now cured.....but as awful as it sounds I went back to smoking a pack a day....I really need help and support...hope to hear from you.