Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I just found out my husband is having an affair

cheriedoo
0 20 268

he doesn't know that I know.

I smoked a cig.  Because right now I don't care that much about life.

20 Comments
copernicus

That sucks. I'm so sorry. As a man who is getting married in May I can say that is absoultely disgusting. Try not to smoke and know that we"re all here for you to vent to. Keep your chin up

jen25

don't let him take your quit away. you did it for YOU, not him. he's a douche bag for having an affair. i know a good hit man..... (kidding, kidding, i swear)

JonesCarpeDiem

Your health and life are most important.

You either forgive him or you don't.

Don't let his choices drag you down.

aztec

Wow that's hard news to take, glad you found out before you get something that won't go away like genital herpes. a gift that keep son giving, or hiv. I'd say stop having sex with him, you have no idea the hsiotry of the other person. Take care of yourself. sad news.

smoking isn't ging to help anything, You do want to live or you wouldn't be here.

Wow, I' out of words,  you can make it through, just be sure and take care of your sexual self, seriously

aztec

molzep

Aah but you will care about life when your heart heals (which it will).  And it will suck big time if you have to quit again at that point. 

It's not to tough to keep reminding yourself that cigarettes WILL NOT FIX YOUR CURRENT PROBLEM! Push the cravings aside, make decisions for your future - and just don't smoke.

PS - sorry about your sads.

sfaoro

So do you feel better having smoked?  I'd guess not.  Now you probably have a little guilt going on top of everything else. So now you know that smoking isn't going to help and it's only going to hurt you and not affect him in any way.  BUT I GOTTA' ADMIT, I can understand this slip, I feel for you but you can't go back to smoking, .........   OR HE WINS

anacondahead

Wow - talk about stress! I understand, that's a terrible thing to learn about someone you love. Do what you need to do - you'll get it together and come back, otherwise you wouldn't have told us about it. You care about yourself.  Don't let him make choices for you - he's done enough of that already!

Keep the faith.

vint1958

I would probably have done the same thing, and I think that at that moment you were doing the best you could under some circumstances that would break many people...

Yet - you know that YOUR self-confidence has taken a huge, terrible blow - and you must do everything in your power right now to take care of yourself so that you can get through this with as clear a mind as is possible under the circumstances. There will be many decisions to make. Some of this will doubtless be out of your control - but some of it you DO have control over, and making good and healthy choices FOR YOU is going to be paramount.

May knowing the truth lead to healing for you...

Nancy

dawn4

Cherie just know that my thoughts are with you.  I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

TV-Lasttime24-7

My thoughts and prayers are with you, just know that we are here to lean on.  No one can tell you how to feel but we can be here if you need an ear to bend.  I hope you move forward with your quit, but understand if your having a hard time dealing.  Our thoughts are definitely with you.  Peace and Love.

Carenda

Cherie, you are a beautiful girl.  Do not let this bring you down.  Spend some "me" time and decide what's best for you.

i_can_do_this

You are beautiful!

You are special!

You are wonderful!

You are worth it!

You deserve happiness!

You deserve love!

You deserve support!

You are an ex-smoker!

You are loved by ex-smokers!

You are supported by ex-smokers!

I have yet to see anyone on this site get repremanded for slipping for any reason. Don't be afraid to ask for the support you need.  Good luck and lots of love!

kaytee2

So sorry about your situation.  Time heals all wounds.  It really does.   Just don't smoke.   He wins.   Peace & Love   Kathy

Bonnie11.3.2009

This is a very difficult thing to navigate in a marriage.  Get some professional help and you will have some support as you decide what you want and need to do.  So sorry for your pain.  Forgiveness, if you choose, is a process.  Quitting smoking is a nope, hope you are able to get back to nope because it is where your life is bright and strong and free!  We're here for you!  Take Care and keep blogging.

lewis65

I KNOW i'm supposed to be advising you NOT to smoke, b/c that's what  this site is all about.  PLEASE, don't get me wrong, I really want you to stay with your quit, but if you did (or are) smoking at the moment, then so what?!  Do what you need to do.....I adore my husband completely and if this was happening to me, I'm sure I would do the same this early on in my quit.  You are soooo BEAUTIFUL and I'm really sorry for what has happened.

Gretchen

lucky5

we are all here for you ,you need to do what works for you! and you are so worth it!

abnermality

Thoughts and prayers are with you...stay strong...we're here for you!

Debi12

Cherie,  just wanted to say you have many people here,,,, ex-smoker friends who care about you!!!  Stay strong!

patrick-marsh

cherie sorry your husbands A JERK!! BUT DONT START SMOKING WONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!! JUST HAVE TO START OVER! I PRAYING FOR YOU!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sootie

I've been there.

Unbelievable as some of you may find this to be---my husband and I are still together. I am somewhat like James and am "old school"----really believe in "for better or for worse" and didn't think the "worse" was going to be socks on the floor. I don't know where you and your husband will end up---I just know that none of it is made better by smoking. You certainly don't want to deal with illness on top of everything else. Try to stay strong---I know how you feel---it is NOT your failure.