cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I just feel so joyful!

OxfordComa
0 8 10

I just have to second post because I didn't realize how important today would be for me, even when I was posting the first time. I thought I'd say "Hurray!" and move on, but I've been really reflective about it and I'm just... exstatic. I know it's ongoing, and I'm still living with the cravings and other various things, but in this moment, I am just bursting with joy and I'm going to ride this as long as I can.

If I can say anything to y'all, especially those of you starting your quit today, you can do it. Know that you can do it. Believe in yourself. Even if this quit doesn't work, the next one will.

You determine your journey, you are the mistress of your fate, the author of your tale

I smoked 1-3 packs/day for 15 years. If I can quit, anybody can quit. Seriously.

Follow your bliss. Follow your passion. Do NOT allow nicotine to define your life and limit your finances, activity, employment, or joy. 

Give yourself the gift of health. You have the ability to put those cigarettes down and work on healing yourself. 

Get on with your bad selves.

8 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Nice blog!  Good one for the newly quit.  Thanks for posting it!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

It is a wonderful feeling!  Congratulations!

annimarlee

YES!  Thank you!

swilson2

Love your energy made me smile.

elvan

EXCELLENT!  You keep riding that wave, it is so worth it.

MarilynH

Beautiful uplifting blog, thank you so very much for posting. Enjoy your wonderful milestone of 1 precious smoke free year and counting, congrats again and do something nice for yourself. 

Marilyn ☺ 

djmurray

One year is awesome -- I'm at 5 months and look forward to being able to celebrate a year . . . and every year after.  You are one of the great examples -- thanks for posting!  (and I know what you mean about feeling joyful -- that's been pretty much my whole quit  -- except for a few bumps in the road early on.)

lois2

great blog, congrats on the big 1 year, great

About the Author
I recently experienced grief and started smoking again. I'm looking to get back on that ex train and use healthier coping mechanisms.