Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I hope this helps you...

mustangsally3
0 8 9

9-21-14
Cigarettes,                                                                                                                                       

I am writing this letter to say goodbye to you. I know that you have been a part of my life for a very long time now. I can't believe that all these years I have been buying into your deceptive lies. I also can't believe you had the audacity to call me your friend and that you were my friend this whole time! You certainly had a way of misleading and deceiving for so long, and today that will NEVER happen to me again!

This whole time you have been stealing from me and holding my hand while you sat there and watched me slowly kill myself and not give me any warning or chance to try and better my health. The whole time my health continued to decline and later I found out that I was given two lung diseases thanks to you as well. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Emphysema all the whiile I was having trouble breathing and you gave me a false sense of safety and security.

You, I am sure you remember the first day of my daughter going off to 7th grade and I stopped breathing and collapsed at home and woke up in the Intensive Care Unit. You did that to me and I am here now to remind you that if you were my friend you would have stayed away and let me heal and recouperate after coming home, but the first after I came back home, you made your way back into my life. Hugging and kissing me like we were never apart. I kind of wished that you had stayed away.

So, you have stolen more than your fair share and I am through with you! You stole my; breath, health, and money and ultimately my control over my life and I am taking it all back! This whole relationship has been a relationship of convience. I actually believed that I could not handle anything that came my way. I can't take all these lies anymore! A relationship based on lies and deception you should know is eventually going to come to an end. It will not end well either.

So I am on my way to getting heathier, stronger and more capable,  of handling whatever comes my way. So, I am now leaving you behind and closing the door behind me so I can start a new chapter in my life and I will become my own success story! Now, when the dust settles I won't be around so I would appreciate it very much if you don't try and contact me anymore, in any way. I am on my way to accomplishing my goals and gaining a new found confidence and finally getting healthy. Not that you really care about any of that!

So, solong, fair well, good riddance, adios! Please don't waste your time and write me back, because I will NOT reply. I know that you are going to miss me, but I can honestly say I am far better off without you and I certainly don't need you and you WILL NOT be missed by me in the least!!!

(This is my goodbye letter to my cigarettes, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much I did writing it)

Carolyn

8 Comments
elvan

Very good, Carolyn.

MarilynH

Fantastic blog, thank you for sharing. 

Marilyn

nrm52

Nice. Thank you for sharing. 

annb
That's a great one!!!
bob170

Awesome! very insperational and thoughtful. Great blog 

Newfound_Joy

Great FAREWELL letter!!  Always be on guard....he is very sneaky and crafty.

We got your back!

Giulia

I enjoyed the Heck out of that letter!  One of the most unique ones I'ver ever read from a very insightfu and studied inner persepctive.  Good work!  It has obviously helped get you to where you are today. 

Brenda_M

Great letter!