Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I have passed the 3 months mark!!!!

smokefreelifest
0 9 13

Hi there,

I am so excited I just wanted to write a little update.  Today is my 92 day smoke free.  I can still remember the first 3 days, the first two weeks, the first month....  I can honestly say, I could not possible have anticipated how much easier it would become if I could just stick with it.  Well, I did stick with it and here I am! 

I am also happy to report, that in addition to the cost savings, I no longer suffer from migraines and I sleep much better!  Finally, I have discovered my first health benefits. 

Now that I am feeling more like myself, it is time to tackle my weight gain.  The lack of nicotine has changed my energy levels.  When you remove a stimulant from your system, it makes a huge difference to your metabolism and energy levels.  Being over 40 does not help either.  But, I am feeling much more together these days, so I have decided to start small, walks at lunch, yoga after work etc....  Slowly but surely I will get there.  Afterall, it is much better to be a little overweight than it is to be a smoker.  I lost the weight before and I will lose it again.

I am pleased to report that so far No Mans Land has not claimed another victim!  whenever a random craving strikes I just give my head a shake and continue doing whatever i was doing.  So far, so good!

All in all, not too bad for 3 months in!  I am feeling very positive and optimistic and I can honestly say that quitting smoking was the best decision I ever made! 🙂

Cheers!

9 Comments
agatka79

Great job. Keep it up 🙂

LouiseR

Awesome job.  Keep stacking those days!

OldBones-Larry

TDC is just around the corner. Great quit you have going.Keep it rolling.

freeneasy

Congrats on your quit and your positive outlook!

jonnyfry

Nice job.  keep up the good work. 

JonesCarpeDiem

keep it up!

YoungAtHeart

Didn't we TELL you it would be so worth it?!

Keep adding those days....it continues to get better and better!

Nancy

linda258

I think we are going to have a bumper crop coming out of NML.... feels like we hit the Jack Pot!   Congrats!

smokefreelifest

Thanks for all of your comments.  Your ongoing support, encouragement and advice have been tremendously helpful!  I don't think I could have made it this far without this site and without you!

Thanks again!

xo