cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I have given myself a headache

patricia5
0 11 42

I think I want a cigarette, but than again I do not. Friends come over who smoke and although there is no smoking in my home, they stink like cigarettes. And to think I use to tell people i quit  and walked around smelling like that GEEZZZZZ.. I have been eating more than normal but also been eating ice chips like its yummy candy. Peeing lots too lol... Just moody and wish I never picked up the stupid cigarette in the first place when I was a kid.  Oh and to top it all off my husband called me chubby.. NOT the right thing to say to a 49 year old woman who is not smoking OMG anyone want a slighly used stupid husband 

11 Comments
Julia_Amy

LOL Patricia!  I don't want your slightly stupid husband, already have one.  Wasn't it Roseanne Barr who said "We all married the same (bad swear word) guy!"?  OK, ok, just kidding!  Really I am.  You're doing great!  Keep that humor thing you've got going!

stonecipher

You sound just right for a 49 year old woman who is (recently) not smoking.  It will get better.  And your husband most likely likes you to be chubby.  Mine doesn't want me to lose any of the weight I just gained. 

Just take it a day at a time; you're doing great.

thebears8171

I think that if my hubby called me chubby my humor would fly completely mout the window right behind him. I have quit for 81 days now and every now then i could smoke one from here to hell. And I do mean that literally. I have had really good weeks and really bad days. The good thing is my hubby supports the weight the bitchyness and all else that goes with this quit. It was hard in the beginning when he not supportive. I have to say that the extra 15lbs that i have gained is miserable. Especially since 5 lbs ago i went on a diet and am still gaining. I know that soon enough I will lose it and that I still wont be smoking!! Yippee!!! You go girl!! Enjoy your quit and tell him to **** off!!!

Leigh

barbara42

lol, you are better women than i was, when i was going through this, my husband tried to stay away from me, lol, i beleive i would have hurt him at the time. you are doing good, just get through this and he will eat his words !

patricia5

Thanks guys I needed the laughs. Bed soon tommorrow is a new day .. ahhhhhhhhh 

Patty-cake

I already have a slightly used stupid husband, so you can keep yours. Mine says the same kind of stuff to me and the silly part of it all is my husband is a fatty! So when he teases me, I just tell him come over here 'fat boy' and give him lots of hugs. 

froguelady

I don't have a slightly stupid husband so don't not think I want a slightly used stupid husband, lol. I gained weight when I quit but have lost it all plus a little more.  Weight gain is normal in quitting I think, lots of people do it.  When your quit is strong then get rid of the weight.  You are doing great protecting your quit, WTG.

bulldog316

When did my wife start blogging on here!?!?!?!?!?! 

Lol, that was funny.  My wife told me that I had 30 days to eat what I wanted.  She didn't realize I was going to consume the Gross Domestic Product of a small 3rd world nation.  I keep laughing because my wife calls "us" fat.  I just keep reminding her that I am just a chubby bald guy, and that I am like jello.  There is always room for the chubby bald guy!

Just stick your tounge out at him and tell him to play in traffic.  It also helps to remind him that you know where the firearms and really sharp cutlery are kept (I keep moving mine and she keeps finding it!)

But for the love of God no matter what..... DO NOT SMOKE!

la2012

Hey there, just reading your post.  You are doing great - I am sure you are not fat, because you are a beautiful non-smoking woman.  Eat what you want and need right now, it will come off later, I assure you.  🙂

ginger34

LOL too funny and no I don not want a slightly used husband, and I guess you have no takers on here either 🙂 You rpost made me laugh. Good for you for not ripping him into pieces. Don't worry about tha weight now, diet if you must later. I think I read somewhere that you automatically gain 5 or 10 pounds when quitting because of the way it affects your metabolislism. Breathe easy. Stay strong!

patricia5

Breathing easier today and that's pretty good cause  I am laughing so hard it's hard to catch my breath.. Thanks all i love to laugh .