cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I have changed my quit date to May 7th

ljguptill
1 10 210

When I first posted that I was coming back, I was so excited, I set my quit date too early- I know these are just excuses, but too many things happening before then to have focus, so I am following this sites suggestion of setting an appropriate quit date ahead of time.

Still planning on the big quit, but just trying to be more realistic. 

10 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on setting a date.  Just 3 days away.  We are here for you. 

YoungAtHeart

Just don't make it a habit!  You really don't know WHICH cigarette might change your body chemistry to create something REALLY bad.

Do use the extra time to read and prepare!

Nancy

shashort

Your refridgerator looks prepared for your quit. You CAN do this.  Set you mind, get determined to get this quit rolling!!

gregp136

I understand completely.  I was intending to quit a week sooner until I found this site. But I wanted to make this my last quit, so I delayed it to make sure it was right and I was ready!  May 7th it is.  Calendar marked.  Now, lets do this!  There are things lost under your fridge that need to be freed!!

elvan

ljguptill  It is YOUR quit, you set the date, if you are feeling wobbly, there is nothing wrong with moving your date a few days away.  Keep preparing.

Ellen

elvan

shashort‌ Are you talking about the post it notes?  That's jbliesmer‌'s refrigerator.

ljguptill

Thanks everyone  It's good knowing you are here!

shashort

Yes Elvan  he gas lot of post notes on his refridgerator. I thought that was a great idea.  

jbliesmer

Ok, I can respect you not being ready. But now the date is set. 
I too am fearful. My date is tomorrow. It's here! I was so excited and now I have dread.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

elvan

jbliesmer‌ Hope you are celebrating your first day, it's normal to feel a sense of excitement and then dread.  This is a big deal, you are taking a big step into your future!

About the Author
I am an Artisan Jeweler, work from home, and it is my full time job. I love dogs, have 3, and like to walk and I used to be a runner... Maybe someday soon, I will have the energy to resume my workouts!