cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I have a question

dlocascio
0 8 85

I have been smoke free for 48 days.  I have noticed something that is really strange.  I get jealous real easy now.

Used to be that when someone got something I don't have or has a stroke of good luck, I used to be real happy for them and glad that good things happen to them.  Now and since I quit smoking, I feel resentful and very jealous.

Does anyone else feel like that after quitting?  Does it go away?  Although I don't get mean toward the person, I don;t like the way I feel inside. 

8 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Never heard of this.

Better go to the source for this answer.

greg42

I can see where stopping smoking could have an effect on morality...no I can't.   

james41

Maybe your  thinking ,, the attention should be all about your quit? look at me ,,, type thing??

choptrice

have not had that feeling       funky  lesa    I would do some soul searching  we do find out alot about ourselves when we dont t turn to cigaretts for every emotion   Ive noticed that for sure

schwack

I haven't experienced that either.  And I'm probably too new to comment.  but out of curiosity, are you happy that you quit?  I mean truly happy?  Perhaps if you quit for a reason other than yourself maybe that has something to do with the pangs of jealousy?  I'm not sure.  Good luck to you and your quit!

nosmokegirl

You resent the fact that you had to give up your cigarettes. You can't believe that you had to give up your cigarettes. You feel you deserve good fortune for your quit.  You feel forced to quit.  Yep I got it.

MoeUnfiltered

I looked at your page to get some insight but it is plain.I don't know how long you smoked or wwhat was the main factor in your decision to quit.I don't like guessing games..fill in your info a bit.I am quit over 14 weeks and consider myself a nicotine junkie.I was a 3 and a half pack a day smoker so every time an emotion came along I could suck it in.I am learning to live life on life's terms a lot more.I have had to learn patience and to put myself first.I have to keep toxicity and negativity away from me.

Here's the bottom line -don't smoke no matter what .journal,seek out matierial on 12 step programs like a 24 hour meditation book (look in the recovery section of your book store) Thank you for writing about how you honestly feel.keep doing that and Don't smoke.Quitting can be a time for spiritual growth. Moe Unfiltered

dlocascio

Thanks for the comments.  to No Smoke Girl, a little background.

I smoked for 35 years.  I pretty much was a pack a day for a long time.  By the time I quit I was down to 6 cigs a day.

I'm not sure why I feel the way I do, I just hope that as time goes on, I get over it.  But even if I don;t, I won;t start smoking again.