Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I had a long talk w/ my sister today about her Cancer Treatment

butt-kicker
0 25 27

Hi everyone,,,

I talked to my sister on the phone for quite some time today. She told me that she isn't going to be getting anymore chemo or radiation. I asked her why, and she said the doctor told her that they've done all that they can do.

I had the feelings, but to hear it out loud was a real shocker.  I cannot even imagine how she must be feeling. I wished I had been there so I could give her lots of hugs.

She was in pretty good spirits regardless,,I think she thought she had to be for me. She is so worried about how certain people will handle this news. She told me she was proud of me for taking the news so well, better than she thought I would. I told her that it hasn't sunk in yet, so don't be proud yet. She said she wasn't going to tell me until I got up there, but then felt I had a right to know now. I am busting my butt here so I can leave hopefully a little sooner to get up there with her.

She says she wants to go camping and enjoy her life now. I know she has great memories of us all at our family camp, I think she wants to relive some of the good memories. 

She told my other sister today, in her positive way, that at least she gets to be the first one of us to see our Dad. 😞

My other sister was crying her heart out when she told me this,,it's so hard for everyone.

Lung cancer is painful for the person who has it, but it's also painful for the rest of us who loves that person. I'm not ready to let my sister go, and I hope she hangs in there 'til I get up there.

I am feeling really, deeply, sad tonight. My heart hurts and my eyes too. Yes, I did cry,,alone. I am trying to be strong for her. I want to see her smile when I get there.

I will post again, when I can!

Thank you all for your support and prayers,,it means everything to me!

Love & Hugs!

Diane 😞

25 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

(((((((((((( Hugs)))))))))))

Sootie

Diane---I am crying too as I am sure everyone will be when they read this. I wish I could say something that would help you---but what could it be? Just know that I am praying you and your sister still have time to make more memories AND that you both have the strength to see you through.

dawn4

Diane,

You know that your sister loves you.  and you love her too.  I am so grateful that you were able to re-connect.

Each one's journey with cancer is unique to them and we know far too well that it affects family and friends in a very powerful and sad way. 

You may be surprised when you are with her if you see laughter, it's not an act, it's an appreciation that comes with the concrete knowing that THIS life is quite finite.  sit with her.  bake a cake together.  give her a big slobbery kiss on the lips, cry together, ASK her what she needs.  LISTEN.  grieve.  heal. know that you are loved and being prayed for.  I still ask for a miraculous healing. 

ETB - Enjoy The Blessing in this day.

Dawn.

MoeUnfiltered

Dear Diane,I am hoping you get to Patty soon and safely.I don't know how much this hurts .I have not had to say goodbye to a sister.You both are in my thoughts and prayers,Moe

Thomas3.20.2010

The pain of saying good bye is excruciating!  I'm praying that you can be with your sister for a little while and that she doesn't have a lot of physical pain!  There is no way out but  through and it sounds like your sister has come to terms with her final days and wants to make the best of them!  It will take you longer so be gentle with yourself! It's so hard to lose a sibling especially at a young age!  It's a process only God and time can heal! GOD BLESS YOU!

tina81

Diane...I don't know what to say except I am so very very sorry.

Bonnie11.3.2009

It sounds like your sister is choosing to LIVE and enjoy the time she has with the people she loves the most.  I hope you have good times together when you visit.  My mother died 9 years ago of lung cancer and her last 6 weeks were in a hospice.  There were tears, but there was also a lot of talking, laughter, a couple of parties, a Mother's Day, her grandson's wedding, she crocheted a afghan, games....just living LIFE and oh how she enjoyed those 6 weeks.  We all did.  Take Care of yourself and let us know how you're doing!  One Heart.

onelasttime

Diane, I am so sorry for your hurt. I know how difficult this is. I lost my mother to lung cancer but she unlike your sister insisted on more treatments and they left her paralyzed on one side. It was her choice and we had to let her make it.Right up to the last minute she thought she was going to be cured .So she sought every treatment she could even tho the docs told her they would not help. She spent her last days in a nursing home in a fetal position enjoying nothing.Be grateful that your sister has the will and strength to have some enjoyment the last days with you. Leave nothing unsaid I hold many regrets because there were things I didn't get to say. Just love her and the time you get to have her here and remember one day we will all be together again free of all these man made diseases...my heart aches for you and I will pray for you and your family...Hugs Deb

JACKIE38

my prayers and love is with you all,  will pray every day for  you  god bless

jackie

daisy6

My prayers are with you, and your family.

Debi12

Dear Diane, I'm so sorry for this heartbreaking news.  I am sending my prayers and wishes for a safe trip and a chance to be with her again.  It is not easy to say goodbye to the ones we love so much.  You are in my thoughts and prayers,,,,

Love you,  Debi

budman12

Sometimes words just can't get your true feelings across. So sad to hear about your sister My deepest sympathies to you Diane and I hope you get to spend some quality time with her.

exekex

PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

pir8fan

My thoughts and prayers continue to follow you and Patty. Get to her as quickly as you can!

abnermality

I'm so sorry...You both are in my thoughts and prayers

royann

I'm so sorry ....you and your sisters will be in my thoughts.

patrick-marsh

DIANE SO SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR SISTER CANT PUT MY FEELIGS INTO WORDS JUST KNOW IM PRAYING FOR YOU AND PATTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST KNOW GOD WILL WATCH OVER YOU AND HER!

TV-Lasttime24-7

I am so happy that you and your sisters have reconnected and can be there for eachother in good and bad times.  My thought and prayers are with you and your family.  God bless you and your family.

choptrice

sending lots of love and hugs and prayers to your family  luv lesa

cherclay

My heart goes out to you.  Enjoy your time together and make many happy memories.  Hugs and prayers to you all.

JoAnne5-14-2008

GO TO BAFLIRT.COM
BAFLIRT.COM" width="28" />

Diane - Praying for you your sister and the rest of your family.  May you all have peace.

anacondahead

I am so sorry to hear this. Peace to you and your family.

joe57

And I am thankful there is a loving God.  I will continue praying - not only for your sister, but also that He give you strength.

miriam4

Much Love and prayers Diane to you, your sister, and your entire family.

molzep

Diane - So sorry that I had not seen this blog.  I hope your sister will be able to spend her time as pain free as possible.  Keep all of the good memories in mind as you get through your emotional visit! Stay strong my friend - and breath deep!