cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I had a dream...

jaimefriggin
0 10 107

I had a dream about smoking.  I woke up feeling so guilty (Pile this on top of the inherent Catholic guilt).  In my dream it was an e-cigarette but I woke up in a panic trying to come up with an excuse of 'why I had dunnit'.  My only trespass last night was a conspicuous mark on my pillow that looked suspiciously like drool… 

All this happened after I was finally able to get to sleep.  I didn't get to bed until about 5 hours ago.  Then I had such bad anxiety that I kept waking up.  I wonder if it's a physical withdrawal (or the Catholic guilt pre guilt stage)?

My lungs feel like Han Solo suffering from carbonite freeze.  Chewie, is that you? 

It isn't all bad though...  I made it to the day and a half mark and besides the dream I still don't have any desire to smoke!  Twelve hours to go until I have two days done.  🙂

Seriously, without all of the encouragement and this site and all of the links that you have all provided for me, I don't think that this would have been as easy.  It's not easy yet but it could be way harder.

Today is a new(ish) day.  Up at the crack of noon and ready to chug water until my kidneys crawl out and ask, "Why?"

Thank you everyone!

10 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

sounds like the drool to quit method

better get some drool pads. it can gets worse.

newlife5

smoking dreams didnt hit me until i was about amonth into my quit... i have been told that they are your brains way of communicating that it is getting well.... the nerve endings are wondering what is happening... lol.. let those memories go... as long as you dont smoke you will get these dreams..... its a good thing

Thomas3.20.2010
Glad to hear that you are reading from the sites that have been offered! They are a big help in changing an EXer-wannabe's perspective!!! Congrats on Day 2!
Julia_Amy

I dream about smoking a lot.  Usually makes me laugh a lot the next day.  I think they're healthy, brain's working on the whole thing, for me it was the first quit I ever had smoking dreams.  I think its the first time I really meant it.

onie1985

The smoking dream. I get those a lot. I feel guilty too when I wake up. I just had a dream this morning. But now I use the dreams as a motivater to keep moving forward.

Dakota_Posse

Hi Abbra!   I have yet to dream about smoking....I'm on day 125 (?? or 124), but I'm not a big dreamer.   Believe it or not, I worry more about being in a large gathering, relaxed, talking and someone sits their sickorette in the ashtray and, without thinking about it, I reach down and pick it up and smoke it without even thinking......silly huh???? BUT that is truly what I worry about the most!!!!

Congratulations on quitting....keep going....I know day 2 is going to look AWESOME on you and day 3 is totally going to ROCK!!!  Keep us updated and come out here and let us know if you need something or feel that you need support, please come here first!!!!

Cindy

JonesCarpeDiem

I had one smoking dream about the end of my first month. that was it

maggie_8-1-2010

I love your sense of humor! Use it to keep going with your quit. Laugh at the craving (jonescarp taught a lot of us that). You might be surprised how fast the crave subsides when you laugh at it.

You're doing well. Stay close and keep reading! Hope your day is good.

MarcieWhosoever

ok you crack me up! you need to be here, this is the right place for you.  haha

your doing great! having a positive attitude will help you very much.

you are a movie buff? so far 2 of my favorite movies, Lord of the rings AND star wars!  I am a Horror freak so I mostly watch scary movies HA!

stick around

Marcie

JimTaddeo

That is funny....but don't stress it. It's amazing how deeply we are affected, I myself had many smoking dreams amongst other even wilder stuff. Sleep patterns were messed for months, emotions fairly moody and rough for quite awhile, wife probably still says so. 🙂 Hang in there, it's a major change and a really good one at that. I haven't seen anyone die from smoking cessation yet but I have definitely witnessed transformations.

That sense of humor is a good thing! I Love it!

Wine into vomit! Ha!

Papa