cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I fell off the wagon

Cjchavez
1 7 118

I have to reset my quit date.  I fell off the wagon.  It’s been a really year for me.  But I’m not giving up.  It’s just a rough season.

7 Comments
Mandolinrain

Its okay, many of us took tumbles off that same wagon and we are here to tell you to jump back on. Dont wait to long but as you are setting your new date, try to go back and look at what exactly triggered this relapse. Maybe make a list of what you can do differently next time...because there will be a next time, you know there will be. 

Life wont stop happening so the best thing to do is to get on board with 'life' and find the tools that work for you to deal with the pressures it throws at you., Okay? You got this and we got you.

Glad you came and posted. Welcome back

Susie49

But that taste in your mouth probably ...was not what you remembered..Climb back on that wagon...  before it has that  again...Please.......Susie..

sweetplt

Hi Cjchavez 

So glad you came back to get back in this journey.  Please do the work, read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and learn as much as you can about quitting and addiction.  Rid all your smoking paraphernalia.  Take it once a day and pledge not to smoke.  Come here for help and encourage others on this journey.  This is a great article to read by Ladybug 

/blogs/Ladybug--7-3-12-blog/2019/04/08/physical-activity-relapse-trap?sr=search&searchId=37fa2eb4-98... Also, keep this list close /blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=f... 

You can do this...~ Colleen 396 DOF 

lighthousekeep

I have yet to meet a "Never smoked,  NON smoker" run to a cigarette when a "rough season" came upon them.

It is just something these folks never do.

There are tools and skills we Quitters need to hone and find to deal with life head on without those cigarettes....just as the "never smoked" folks do.

Hard times come to all of us.

You must accept the fact that no matter WHAT happens in your 3DWorld, smoking is NEVER the answer!!

Make THIS Quit of yours the one that STICKS!!

The one that is REAL!!!!!

Yes YOU can!!

Barbscloud

Glad  your back.  Make the commitment and review what went wrong. Get your plan in place and pick a new date.  We're here to support you. Reach out before you reach for a cigarette.

Barb

indingrl

No worries MOST here have SMOKE death AGAIN - YOU MY dear are NOT alone - congrats on New non smoker date