cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I do, but I don't

zinamarie
0 6 4

This is day seven.  Tomorrow will be a week.  And I want to smoke.  But I don't want to smoke.  But I want to smoke, but I don't want to smoke.  But... Anyway, I'm having trouble finding something to replace the addiction of the hand to mouth thing.  I'm using losengers.  Going to get my straws out.  I can't snack on anything...can't afford it.  Just a rough couple of days but I know it will pass.  I will just keep reading.  Thank you for all your support and welcome NOOB's. 

6 Comments
va72lady

The best idea you already mentioned...   GET THE STRAW OUT.     Treat yourself to something you enjoy besides tobacco.  Hang in there and stay strong.  We can do this   Shirley

jojo29

Keep that straw close to u, u see my bloggs i swear by that straw and keep bloggin, ur doin good, u new to come here, try alil excersies or clean,i had the cleanest home in nyc hahaha ur doing great continue on, ur strong.:))

maggie_8-1-2010

Do sosme stretching exercises to reloieve the tension buildup. You're doing well... keep looking forward. You've got this!

MarcieWhosoever

Hi Zina, I know how you feel. Its tough some moments. But please just dont do it! Just dont. It sometimes feels that just one stupid little puff would make feel better and carry me through for the next week. Thats a LIE! I know it wouldnt and Id be back to a pack within a couple days. We have to remember why we quit. Never forget. A cigarette will NOT make us feel any better. We are giving it too much power. Cigarettes are nothing but lying thieving murdering pieces of S---!

Im working on day 10 now. Im just ahead of you. I promise you I will NOT smoke today!!!

Maybe join the daily pledge group. I like to go there daily and pledge not to smoke just for that day. It helps the day go by a lot easier knowing that I made a promise and Im NOT going to break it. That reminds me I need to go pledge now. Check it out, it does help. Have a great day and let me know if you need anything at all.

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=3365140&group_guid=1875928

~Marcie~

bryan8

I use those floss on a stick things to occupy me I think they are called "plackers".....  Killed two birds with one stone.  Made my dentist happy and helped keep my hands and mouth busy .

MarcieWhosoever

sorry by the way, I shouldnt have sworn I guess Im in the angry stage?! LOL. I didnt mean to sound mean or grumpy. Cigarettes just make me so mad!  Im really not an angry person 🙂