cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I didn't get pregnant

jensteff
0 13 51

Unfortunately, I got the news that I had breast cancer instead. After I learned that my embryo transplant was unsuccessful, I started to smoke again because I was so depressed. That was in October. 

By December 4, I was diagnosed and had surgery to remove the cancer. I will be starting radiation tomorrow for six weeks or so. The good news is that I do not have to do chemo. The bad news is that radiation may cause other types of cancer down the road or broken ribs, burned skin or blisters. Sounds fun, right?! NOT... 

I've been scared to death, but finally started taking anti depressants to feel better. Quitting smoking is the best thing we can do for ourselves, but every addict knows how difficult it can be. I want to cry, have stomach problems and can't seem to find enough to do to keep busy because I lack motivation.

Those of you who know me realize that I've quit several times since last May. Nothing like cancer to put the fear of God into you. Now, I have no choice.

13 Comments
OldBones-Larry

I will send a plea to Great Spirit that he will be with you on this journey.

Larry

jensteff
Thank you, Larry! Smoking is not the life for me. The universe has bigger plans for me than that. I appreciate your comment and support.
SkyGirl

jen, it's great to see you back here, but I am so sorry it is under those circumstances.

When you quit this time (your FINAL time, right?), please re-read all the important information:  Allen Carr's book is at the top of that list.  Any article that explains nicotine addiction is next on the list.  It also helps to just start browsing through the blogs of those EXers with whom you connected the last time you were here.   Let me know if you'd like some specific recommendations.

I wish you strength and peace as you begin your radiation treatment, jen.

xxxooo,   Sky

luxie

I wish you a speedy recovery and I think youre right, the Universe DOES have a bigger and better plan for you. I am a fairly new Quitter( 41 days) with the typical ups and downs of quitting, but I made myself a set of rules that I CANT break. Maybe you can use your down time on reading/researching and resting. You need your strengh to pave the new road ahead..

Best wishes

Marion

stonecipher

Oh Jen.  This is sad to hear.

You are facing a lot, but it sounds like you are trying to get in the right attitude.  YOu will be in my prayers.

marilyn_marmac

I'm so sorry Jen! I'm glad to see you back, just not under these circumstances. I knew it hit you hard when the embryo transplant was unsuccessful. But maybe the Lord knew you would need your strength for this. I'm so glad it was found before it spread to the point that chemo would also be required. You will be in my constant prayers ((((Jen))))

Skygirl is right, start reading everything again. It will help you stay occupied as well motivated.

newlife5

so sorry to hear this ,... i'll be praying for you

kloud9

You Already Know The Universe Has A better Plan For You, So There Is Nuffin I can Say That You Do Not Already Know ......SOOOO- - - - :     N.O.P.E.   

Chris265

Hang in there.  You have lots of support.  And welcome home.

Giulia

This is sorry news.  But your BACK and THAT's good news.  What are you more afraid of - quitting or not quitting?  LIFE is your motivation.  HEALTH is your motivation.  I know too many people who have had breast cancer.  Most are champions in remission.  Think positive thoughts.  Quitting is a positive thought.  Quitting will strengthen you.  New Journey.  Walk wisely.  ♥

Michwoman

Bitter sweet - great to see you and such sad news. You've come home for comfort and here you will find it. Do not let a setback become your final path. Trust me, I've had so many obtacles in my path during my lifetime...and I CHOSE to be in control. Jen.. we are here for you! 

Sootie

Jen----I am holding you close in prayer and positive thoughts. Please stay strong. There is so very much they can do with treatment these days. I'll bet you are scared...I would be too....anyone would. So glad you came back to vent and talk and finally quit. Please keep in touch. We are ALL here for you.

kathy_ryz

Praying for a healthy recovery for you.