Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I did a google search for "vaping communities to help quit smoking"

JonesCarpeDiem
0 14 91

I went in and read alot of posts.

All I could find was posts encouraging vaping. Nothing about reducing or getting off nicotine.

That's the point of vaping sites.  It's a bunch of addicts excusing their addiction.

You know what? They are thriving. The addicts are thriving. Vaping has become their way of life.

It controls everything they do. They give their lives to it just like they did to cigarettes.

And they say they've quit? And their thoughts turn to nicotine how many times a day?

If you carry on a conversation with them and they need their fix, do you think they are hearing you?

They are still in their "nicotine reality" and it's certainly not freedom.

14 Comments
candylance

YES, LAUGHABLE!! 

CANDY   D124

YoungAtHeart

As I understand it, the "hit" off of them is not nearly as quick or potent as from a real cigarette.  Probably those who use one to quit smoking will go back to the "real thing."

How can anyone believe they can quit cigarettes pretending to smoke a cigarette?  I think those folks are just looking for the easiest route.   The problem is that they can now vape most anywhere with impunity so they aren't even being limited in their consumption of nicotine and thus will require more and more for satisfaction.

I hate BIg Tobacco!

Nancy

linda258

I think the addiction is to nicotine ... in any form.  

iaviksfan

Funny, as i was liking this on Facebook, it disappeared....

they are fooling themselves...It was kinda like when i quit drinking, and drank non-alcholic beer....

carpe_diem_2014

I do not really understand the concept. You really do not know what they put in the cartridges and you are still "smoking". The only difference is that one you charge and reuse and the other you put out and throw away. I don't really trust the government, but if the FDA will not even look at it, that should be a sign.

ninepatch
I really hate those vapimg commercials that end with "tale back your freedom". What a load NOPE!
moody_9-18-13

I watched my nephews at the beach this summer using the ecig. These young men would NEVER EVER light up around the children, however they had no issue vaping around the kids, in fact I asked one nephew if there might be any nicotine or other chemicals escaping that could affect his little 16 month old son.

He said no, it's perfectly fine. I said really? How do you know that? Well, that's what the advertising says!!

At the time, I knew nothing about ecigs and to a hard core smoker like me, I could have easily been led down the path thinking it would be a good way to quit "smoking".

Thank God for the EX Community Elders who understand the addict mind, or I might be addicted to an ecig instead of 116 days of freedom from nicotine.

Thomas3.20.2010

I hate the "friends don't let friends smoke" commercial! I could make a balogna sandwich!

Barbara145

Dale, hope you know how much you are helping me.  Your writings are so informative, encouraging and inspirational.  I love what meaningful thing you are doing since you are not wasting your time smoking cigarettes.  It gives me hope for the rest of my life.  God Bless You.

GreenThumb3

Everyone vaping thinks they quit already and nobody where I am  is using cartridge style from a normal store it's all liquid and anyone can make it they even have How to make videos so anyone could be making puting anything in it wrong amounts or? For flavors not regulated at all and sorry nancy it's supper addicting easy too switch over to I was bummed to have to go back to smoking normal cigs but had health problems from E cig I loved it and was addicted to it 

jojo_2-24-11

There are so many people still out there that do not believe or even realize that nicotine is the drug they are addicted too. I know, I was one who didn't and until I got it through my head I was going to smoke until the cows came home.

Angel.wings

I love all your posts.  They are always so thought provoking. Sure it's "safer". So were light cigarettes. What about oxygen? We don't have to pay for that! I'm content being present in my life rather than let a drug take hold of me, nagging me to get another fix. 

cloud51

thanks for this post, and all the responses, i agree, had a friend try to talk me into trying it i quit smoking all nicotine over a year ago WHY  would i want to try a vapor cigg STUPID any way they are just fooling themselves and i hope this fad passes quickly. afraid kids who don't smoke will use these.

JonesCarpeDiem

what just kills me about vapers is they actively try to recruit anyone to get them or keep them addicted to nicotine.

I can't ever recall actual smokers purposely trying to recruit people to smoke.

these social communities of vapers go way beyond any attempt at helping people quit smoking. It's only about getting people hooked on vaping.

they join every group on facebook to sneak in the backdoor and peddle their crap.

vapers suck, literally

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.