cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I believe this is my very 1st post! 🤔

MarilynH
7 7 142

I found this site on the 22nd of June 2014 and joined this community I read everything I could find right here and continued to read I remember setting up a quit date for the 7th of July 2014 BUT when that date arrived I wasn't quite ready so I reset it for the 14th and prepared myself for my day ONE! For some reason or another life got in the way and I forgot about this community until one day I was stressed almost to the point of relapse then thankfully I remembered and commented on someones post, I was told that I should write a post so I did and with the help of so many in this awesome community here I am living my Forever Quit boy oh boy it's most definitely wasn't easy at times BUT it sure as hell was and is worth it all to be Free! Freedom Rocks once we get to that good place in our quits! Vigilance is key! The Choice is Ours! 

iMarkup_20240412_075155.jpg

Screenshot_20240412-082016.jpg

Screenshot_20240412-081929.jpg

iMarkup_20240211_202220.jpg

7 Comments
Barbscloud

@MarilynH Thanks for sharing your personal story.   You've made some major changes in your life that are certainly something to be proud about.  

Barb

jonimarie

Ohhhh @MarilynH  thank you for sharing that. What a journey. Couple weeks ago I reread a few of my blogs from my 1st quit. I had totally forgot about how I would say Cancel Delete once an urge came upon me.

This 2nd quit is totally different. Had almost 4 years under my belt. It is vigilance, it is N.O.P.E and N.M.W. I know that at the end of the day a puff never soothes, fixes or solves anything. It only erodes your self esteem.

Had an enjoyable visit in St.Louis. The azalea, dogwood and redbud were all in bloom. So I will get 2 springs this year as I imagine it will be about another 2-3 weeks and the MN/WI spring will be upon us.

Barbara145

Good morning Marilyn.  You are an amazing woman.  Thanks from all of us for all your sharing and giving.  You bless us.  Have a great day.

biscuit9

Thank you for this Marilyn and I am so glad you found the key to your quit.  Your quit story is a powerful one.  Fortunately, you chose life and the living of it, over addictions.  You have been here since my quit day 14ish, when I found this site. I arrived here like a lost puppy dog and attached myself to you and a couple more because YOU had made it through to the other side.  I needed help to make it to the other side and you and a couple others were my lifeline.  Thank you for being here and showing kindness and warmth towards people who come here lost and feel very weak upon arrival.  Your kindness has not gone unnoticed.

YoungAtHeart

Your story is a powerful one of what can be accomplished if you set your mind to it.

Proud of your journey to us!  Glad you have stayed!

❤️

indingrl

Thanks for sharing dear friend @MarilynH 

I choose to blog today and stay NOPE with you and everyone here on the fantastic Friday 

istockphoto-963929804-612x612.jpg

MarilynH

Hugs to each of you @Barbscloud @jonimarie @Barbara145 @biscuit9 @YoungAtHeart and @indingrl and to everyone that stops by to read this that may want or need one! I'm so happy for each and every one of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! YAY for Freedom! 

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....