cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I am still here ...reading

Icandoit2021
3 9 142

Hello all! I'm reading and learning. I appreciate all the blogs. Today is day 13, I haven't given in yet. I will say today is pretty much the same as day 1. I keep telling myself we are going to just keep doing what we are doing and on week 12 "miraculously" I will not want a cigarette every few minutes. If not, I will congratulate myself and say ok week 15 is the charm. I am currently doing the fake it until you make it thing. I will say, I have had some advancements. I was wheezing and thought I was out of shape. I guess not, since I quit on 9/29 I stopped wheezing on 9/30. My normal resting heart rate was 80 and now it's 60. Sadly, I have a bout of sheer depression daily. It doesn't last long and I just say No we are not doing that. I just have chronic self defeating thoughts. I read how people advise to go for a walk when I want to smoke. I'd have to be Forrest Gump, for the amount of times during the day I'd use that. I actually walk every day for years and the first thing afterwards I want is a cigarette. 

I appreciate all the people who have quit and are showing the way to the other side. I'm just curious where the people who are newly quit are. 

9 Comments
About the Author
Hi I'm Stephanie I am 56 and have smoked since the age of 15. I am married 30 years to a non-smoker and none of my grown 3 kids smoke. I am ready to stop hurting myself by smoking. I think this is the hardest thing I've ever done (which is sad to me)