cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I am not a failure, I am a quitter!

Ajjn2015
8 0 79

Years flew by....years that I kept saying “this is the year I am quitting!” Let’s be real I loved to smoke cigarettes, after all it felt so good inhaling lots of toxic chemicals. It helped me deal with every day stress, it help me cope with social anxiety, it helped me feel less emotional and able to face the world each day, it made me want to get out of bed in the mornings, it kept me slim, helped me deal with depression and when I was angry it calmed me down. At age 30 I began to feel the effects of less energy and would fail every year at quitting until now at 36.

I quit December 23rd 2018, I fail out of love with cigarettes and in love with myself and I can tell you everything above that you think it does for you is a lie, it’s just the affects of the poison talking. It does not want you to quit. You may gain a little weight but guess what? You can run! Without your lungs hurting and with so much more energy! It did not help my stress one bit I just thought it did and I am actually less stressed, sleep so much better and have $200 extra in my pocket this month. Any depression actually improved as well as my complexion. I feel so much more better inside and out. Please do not believe the lies those cigarette voices tell you and if I can do it, anyone can do it.