cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I am going to make it this time!

kirkschultz
11 14 229

Well after 40 years of smoking I think I am actually going to make it this time, it feels better to actually say this publicly. I quit on January 18th not the way I wanted to, but after Pneumonia not being able to breath my OSAT in the mid 70's and a hospital stay that scared the &^$&^ out of me. So words of wisdom to all of you who are trying to quit and let me assure you I am not preaching. This was the most awful feeling that I ever had the only way that I can explain it is I felt like I was drowning! I have smoked for 40 years and it is shame that it came to this. My lungs will take some time to recover after this incident. Quit now I don't want any of you  to go thru this. The defining moment for me not only not be able to breath but when the Doc came into my room at the ER and asked this simple question. After giving the diagnose of Pneumonia, COPD, Exacerbation then this "What are your wishes if for some reason you stop breathing!" Well of course I answered do what you can. So for me only  4 weeks and counting but I told myself the other day "I think I am going to make this time"

Signing out for now and do yourself, your friends and family a favor quit now before it is to late. I still have a lot of Fly Fishing to do with my Grandson and this incident woke me up in a big way.

14 Comments