cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I am doing well and so surprised

Kay64
2 9 46

Just wanted to let you know that it does get easier with time.  I have tried for over 10 years to quit entirely but until I came to this site, I did not understand what I needed to do.  I came across N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever!)  This was the key to quitting for me.  I finally understood that I could not have even one puff. Thank you all for getting this message to me.  IT WORKED!  I plan to keep quit now and forever.  I have too many wonderful moments ahead.  I am so happy to find all of you.  You truly have made a difference for me and for so many others.  It has been over 600 days with not a puff and I am so happy.

9 Comments
Giulia

What wonderful news this is.  We never know what happens to those who have come here and quit and then departed.  Glad that you're still going strong.  Hope you husband followed in your footsteps.  Never let it go Kay!

Kudos on the over .....

djmurray

Congratulations, Kay -- 600 days is awesome.  I'm coming up on 300 days and I know how exciting these milestones are!  You're doing it!!

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations! Time Is The Healer.

JACKIE1-25-15

Whoa that is fantastic

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, Kay, and better still to hear how well you are doing.

Another Happy Quitter!!!!!  See, newbies - it IS possible.

Thanks for stopping in to encourage those on the journey behind you.

Congratulations!

Nancy

856beverly

What a shining example how life gets better when we throw those smokes AWAY!  Congratulations, Kay!  It is amazing to hear your strength.  You have helped me today, and I'm sure you are helping lots of others too!  - Beverly

Barbara145

Congratulations on 600 days and counting!  You sound great.

Kay64

This site is such a support!  I opened up my email this morning and had a long list of comments from the EX community.  Talk about a sweet surprise!  That is what I am talking about.  Many of you have been quit for years but still encouraging others.  It is not only about your own QUIT but helping others to stay quit as well.  THANKS EX COMMUNITY!  You are making a difference for so many!!!  Hopefully, I can be a support to you and will continue to let you know what is helping me to go forward without those smokes. 

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 600 days, Kay! Thanks for stopping in, It does help us newcomers, to see that this is very doable, and we can make it out Too!

Have a great day!  Terrie  101  DOF