cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I am doing it and it is a lot easier than I thought but down side is I have to give up something's to stay smoke free

BryantD
2 6 24

It has been roughly 9 months since I last had a ciggerttee .  I feel better and I heal quicker. I am glad that I made that choice, and some times I forgot that I was a smoker and it has been such a short time. 9 months and counting. 

6 Comments
Giulia

Some sacrifices are worth it.  Question:  are the things you have to give up in order to stay free things that might not be good for you anyway?

TerrieQuit

Hi! I know many of us had to give things up in order to stay smoke free. Lately some have mentioned giving up alcohol in order to stay smoke free.I really didn't want to (because it is a mighty sacrifice) But I may have to give up BF because he is not respecting my non smoking life. It is our Life we must do what we have to in order to save it. It sounds like you are willing if you have made it 9 months. Some have given up friends. What are you willing to give up?

Terrie  43  DOF

Terri103

So glad to see you come back and share your non smoker news.  I'm 4 months quit, and whatever I've given up is so worth it to be free from cigarettes.   Yeah, I "gave up" comfortable fitting clothes!   Haha---gained some weight!   But so worth it!!

i read your earlier blog and you got a lot of support and were even surprised !!

YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on your quit - 9 months is long enough to bring a baby to fruition and to have a serious quit going!

I join the chorus in asking what you have had to give up?  (I hope it's not going for a walk or jogging!!!!)  (smile)

It's good to see you and hear of your success.  I am proud of you!

Nancy

Strudel

Congrats on 9 months!! If you are referring to alcohol as something you gave up to keep your quit - way to go! Alcohol can kill a quit for sure! 

Congarts again! 

lois2

congrats on 9 months.