cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I NEED LOTS OF HELP

shubre
0 6 8

I NEED HELP BECAUSE THATS ALL THAT I KNOW ALL MY LIFE AND I USED CIZ TO COM MY NERVES, RELAX, AND SO MUCH MORE. ITS GOING TOO BE HARD FOR ME I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED TO QUIT

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

The most important thing you can do  is to educate yourself on what nicotine does to your mind and body. To that end, I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. Here is a link to a free PDF version of it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

As well, read the sections on this site, and read the blogs, responses and pages of folks you think might be helpful. You might also want to visit quitsmokingonline.com, and whyquit.com.

After you have completed the readings, it will be time to make your quit plan, including what quit aid , if any, you will use, and the crave busters you think will work for you. Then you can approach your quit day with a plan in place.  

Stay close to us here and ask questions as you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

Please click on Hoggie the cat and go read the top portion of my page . it will calm you and explain where you will be going on this journey.

Read the blogs

Ask questions

promise_judy

Welcome to the Ex community. This community is of vital importance to anyone who is thinking, planning or has quit. Post and let us know how we can help. Make sure you do the suggested reading and become familar with how to best quit and what to expect. Explore the community by reading blogs and comments made. You can learn a great deal just by reading the blogs. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Judy

freeneasy

Everyone here knows what you go through. Read and learn as much as you can. The more you read and learn the more confidence you will have.  Here is a link to another site with a lot of information:     http://quitsmoking.about.com/  You can quit if you really want to. It has been proved by millions of people.

lpears

Welcome! I'm glad you found us! I smoked for the same reasons. I thought smoking helped calm me down and lowered my anxiety. It's important to read, read and read! The addiction tells us thats the only way to calm down. The truth is smoking doesn't make anything better or different. You CAN do this! All the knowledge you gain from reading will help you push through the addiction. We are all here for support every step of the way. Keep us posted! 

GreenThumb3

Smoking does not help or fix anything it does not speed up time it's not magic it's poison we are addicted to ,it should be scarier to keep smoking than to quit you need to think of the negative of smoking and the positive of quitting embrace it be proud of yourself to quit read and learn don't make it more than it is craves only last a few minutes I snacked a lot first few days or week chewed gum hard candy reward food you can do it