cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I Miss My Friend..

kimj2
0 7 15

When I was smoking, pretty much every day I would think about when I could have a cigarette that day.  I would think about the days schedule, who was going to be home, when and where I would be at any given time of the day.  Even if I didn't really want to smoke, I did if I COULD..meaning..it was convenient if no one else was home or I could hide in some parking lot when driving around.  Just me and my sneaky friend Ciggy.  Ciggy was a VERY close friend.  I seeked her out when I was happy, sad, nervous, bored...she was always there for me.  She promised and delivered comfort. She never judged me and would be available to be with me no matter what.  And most importantly..she was just MY FRIEND..I didn't have to share her with anyone.  Now that I sent her packing, I'm missing her and looking for a new friend that I can turn to.  She  has not been easy to replace.  Lonliness sucks...Good thing I have all of you...

DAY 10... wish I could be more excited...

7 Comments
MNJen

Hang in there- it really does get easier.  I too loved Ciggy, but she's trying to kill us!  Ciggy's a bitch and we're better off without her!  

johnbotkins

Kim,

Way to go on 10 day's!!!!! That is GREAT!!!!! Way to go Lady keep going!!!!!!! : )

NOPE

John

Dakota_Posse

Hey Kim......

We hear what you are seeing and we've all been through the same thought process that you're going through.  You need to say "goodbye" to your so called friend and find friends who care about you.

What do I mean?  Well, your friend was slowly killing you by filling your lungs with smoke and toxins.  Your friend made you smell like stale smoke which a nonsmoker can smell and wrinkle their nose at the smell.  Your friend made you choose between a better cut of meat for the evening meal or a pack of more "friends".  Your friend made you cough, made you plan your day around her, made you think she was there for you while she made you more dependent on her to the point that you would make any excuse you could think of to keep her around even when (deep down) you knew she wasn't the type of friend you wanted in your life.  

You are better off without your "friend" and I hope you know that you have more friends and BETTER friends here on the EX site who care about you and want you to be happy, healthy and able to control your own life.  Time to say good-bye to your so called friend and say hello to a life that holds so much more promise and happiness then your old friend could have ever given you!

Thanks for being here and staying smoke-free, my friend.....

Cindy

Sootie

All I can say here is AMEN to what Cindy had to say. Stay Strong Kim---smoking is no friend and if you hang in---you'll discover that for yourself. 

melissa131

I guess I could see the allure of that, kinda like having an affair. I've never been a succesful closet anything, soooo....

MNJen said what else I was going to say, your friend stinks, people probably know you were hanging out with her. Even when you thought they didn't, if a person doesn't smoke, it's really easy to smell nasty cigarettes. 

And she did not have your best interest at heart, she was a liar first of all. And trying to kill you, slowly. 

You can do this, you can quit, it's just nicotine messing with your head. That said, I think it is really cathartic to write a blog like you just did, get it out, put it all on the table. Find something else to sneak around and do, not sure what that might be. 

Thomas3.20.2010

Your Friend is your ENEMY! KNOW YOUR ENEMY!!!!

Within the last 60 Seconds the following Smoke related Deaths occurred:

All Causes: 107

Tuberculosis: 3

Respiratory Infection: 7

Trachea, Bronchus, and Lung Cancer: 2

COPD: 5

Don't be one of these folks! LIVE Smoke FREE TODAY!

onelasttime

Kim you will come to realize you are your own best friend, once the smoke has cleared..you just withdrew into the cloud of smoke to hide and it took over your thinking and feelings about yourself and others stay strong ten days you are on your way the hard part is over..