Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I Listened............... Will you?

kris54
0 11 23

11 Comments
owlfeather

Will your actions today benefit you over time?  

NEXT. 

Patty-cake

Ahhh. I feel like Michael J Fox.

Good thoughts friends.

Ex_Nancy

Yes, just like The Time Machine OR Back To The Future...aha!

butt-kicker

Pretty cool way to look at things! :-))

YoungAtHeart

I once had a shrink instruct me to ask myself, "Is this in my long term best interest?" before taking ANY action (I was recuperating from a bad car accident and, as is my way, was constantly batttling with myself not to do too much).

I found this simple question to be quite enlightening and insightful!  

I also note it would be a good question to ask yoursself if a crave conversation starts in your head.!  We all know there is no such thing as just one puff!!!!!

Newfound_Joy

I have learned that where I am today is directly a result of ALL of my past choices, both good and bad for myself.  I can't blame anyone or any circumstance.

When you understand this concept, what you choose to do today or NOT to do, is really very important for the rest of your life.

Thanks for the reminder!!

NOPE

NEF

ginger34

Very nice!!!!!

Giulia

I listened to those who paved the quit path before me.  Took many years to understand and appreciate the wisdom of those who had gone before.  Once you become the advice giver,  based upon personal experience,  you understand it all.  Question is - do we ever learn but through our own experience? 

owlfeather

Can we ever truly know what another is going through unless we ourselves have gone through the same thing?

owlfeather

I think not G.  I think we can listen and choose to apply what is being handed to us on a Silver Platter, but until a person has experienced it personally, then the lesson is learned.  But always we need to remind each other, regardless of experience, Be Ever Vigilant.   

kris54

I totally agree!!  I have learned so much invaluable information here!  Who knew???  That you had to educate yourself just to quit smoking?  Hello past failures.   Eight years I quit... but started again!  WOW.  If only...........................................

Now, I am well equipped to 'know' what to do with that 'out of the blue' craving in the unlikely event that it hits!  Even... 8 years from now.

Some days I am weary....... work is stressful..... I have a lot to do...... BUT I always have time to come here and remind myself what I am doing!  It makes me smile to see newer people celebrating their success....... and I am still amazed at the elders who are here...... always.... reaching out....... to all of us.

This works.  I am grateful for everyone of you.... who has taken the time of out of your day..... everyday..... to help us get through life....SMOKEFREE!  I LOVE IT!