cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I Have to Hand it to Some of You........

lewis65
0 6 69

I honestly admire some of you on this site that are are REALLY compassionate and patient with a "few" other bloggers.....I don't know how you keep up your great attitudes sometimes.  At times, I have zero patience, and my attitude is "unpleasant".  It really makes me realize that I need to strive to be more supportive to those few people, because, after all, EVERYONE is supportive of me!  

6 Comments
jeffculler

Lew:

It is amazing how, thoroughout my life, others have been more compassionate to me than I have been to them. This is one of the wonderful things about my journey in Buddhism: it teaches me that I am not a single me but an interconnected part of everyone else in this world. It is good to no longer be the Lone Ranger; that is part of my major motivation in quitting my 20 yr enslavement to King Nicotene.

Jeff

JACKIE38

I JUST KEEP IT TO MYSELF,  EVERYONE HERE IS  TO NICE AND VERY HELPFULL  AND I CANT SAY I SEEN YOU BE ANYTHING BUT GREAT TO ANYONE YOU RESPOND TOO.WE COME HERE BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE, DOES THIS HELP YOU YOU ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE.

STAY STRONG AND SMOKE FREE   JACKIE

mare5

There is a very diverse group of people here. The support & compassion is heart warming. You're a part of this group. We're all in this together. We come here a lot of times because our closest loved ones aren't able to give us the emotional support we crave. Here we can say what we need to & someone will always feel inspired to respond with words of encouragement.

sheri10

Don't you just love this site?!!  It's great and always has a positive effect on my mood : )  We are here for each other and no one is left out.  Welcome to the family!  Let us know when you need us.

ps-I'm not patient or compassionate all the time, either.  It's ok--there is always someone here to pick up the slack : )

melanie26

The people on this site get at least  7.9 % of  the credit for my quit. Could not have done it without them. We have all had some of the same feelings about smoking, and gone thru the same situations, part of my light bulb moment was to realize that I am not special. There are millions just like me, and if they can do it  - so can I! Glad you're enjoying it as much as we are!  

JACKIE38

your smile onyour pic say's it all your a very happy person and make us happy when we see you pic.   have a great day   jackie