cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I Finally Found Some Shelter!

lpears
0 7 16

Avoiding these land mine like cravings through no mans land is hard work! 

I am TWO days away from 60 days. Woo hoo!!!! 

However, I feel like for the past week, my non smoking life has hit a reset button. I am triggered by stuff I haven't been triggered by before. I am having cravings at moments I have never had cravings before. Even triggers that I have retrained my brain for, are all coming back. 

For example, the other morning I woke up and got a cup of coffee and wanted a cigarette. I said outloud, "Hey! Cut that out! I don't smoke anymore." I haven't had a morning cigarette craving easily since day 15. The next day I saw someone smoking and felt like a dog on a leash being told to heel. I was ready to jump on the opportunity for a cigarette. 

Now, I have not and WILL not give in to all of these cravings. I still carry my emergency kit (cold water, gum, mints, stress ball ect.) around with me and have managed to get through the rough moments. I'm just a little confused at why this started all of the sudden. 

I know no mans land is rough and I was expecting cravings, but this seems like a serious reset on all of my work. Is this common or am I just losing my marbles. 

7 Comments